rpssingh

Railway centralised advertisement but selection zone wise

Question

rpssingh

Dear Sir/madam, I would like to share my opinion, railway conducts examination centralised in india, but merit list is prepared railway zone wize.  only single railway zone is chosen for candidate. due to this procedure i observed some candidate having lower marks is selected in particular railway zone but those candidate having higher marks is not selected in other railway zone. so my opinion is that  a single merit list should be prepared according centralised examination, and choice option of all railway zone preferred  should be filled by candidate. As per merit list, candidate should be selected.

So I would like to know the suggestion from RTI expert.

With regards,

Rishipal Singh

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens in seeking information from public authorities under RTI Act and no RTI Expert can convey his opinion or make this on line forum for discussion on miscellaneous topics, not connected to RTI.

It is deemed that zones have advantages and disadvantages and Govt., introduces each and every step in recruitment after consulting and discussing with experts.  Such experts take facts into consideration and recommend to the Recruitment boards and the board adopts such findings/recommendations.

If you are not happy, you can file writ before High Court and challenge such measures that are not uniform or partisan.