Inspection offered in place of information

code88

Question

code88

I had asked for certain tender details of my city's railway station. The PIO has said me to come and inspect at their office. As you know WB state is not such a stable in respect to violence, is there are provision or way I can demand the information by post. Because I didn't ask for inspection as of now. But he is interested on inspection.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Go for First appeal and state that CPIO has to provide the information in the form information was solicited and it is not proper on CPIO to offer inspection, when information was solicited in the form of replies/copies.

Members are not competent to suggest / offer any guidance unless queriest post the actual query and actual response.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

You may file a first appeal with the grounds, that you had asked for specific information, that invoking section 2(j)(i) for inspection of information is a prerogative of a citizen, and that a PIO cannot compel an applicant to take inspection before providing the same.