Please check my RTI Draft and Suggest me corrections if needed

neel_patel

Question

neel_patel

I have drafted RTI points regarding unwarranted use of section 110 Crpc by SDM and local police please check all the points and suugest me corrections in it. IMG_20200605_200101.jpegIMG_20200605_200207.jpegIMG_20200605_200254.jpeg

3 answers to this question

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

1. Just cross check that all your RTI queries point towards a documents such that PIO is able to provide you with a photocopy of those documents sought by you.

2. Avoid being too lengthy with a large number of queries, be very very precise and focused with a minimum number of queries.

3. Limit the time period, there is no point seeking documents for a period 5 years, unless you see a necessary purpose.

neel_patel
1. Just cross check that all your RTI queries point towards a documents such that PIO is able to provide you with a photocopy of those documents sought by you.
2. Avoid being too lengthy with a large number of queries, be very very precise and focused with a minimum number of queries.
3. Limit the time period, there is no point seeking documents for a period 5 years, unless you see a necessary purpose.
Thank you so much Sir for ur valuable suggestions, I will break this RTI into 3 separate part Every single application with 3 to 4 points only and you r right I should ask for 2 years period so they can't denied it on the volumious information ground
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya

It is not the question of what shall be denied by them or not, but it is the question of what shall suffice for your purpose, if your purpose is sufficed by just three to six months why ask for information for a period larger than that?

Seek only information that is required, be very very brief, precise and to the point, so no point seeking a large number of documents by multiple queries or filing multiple applications.

The key here is, seek all the information, but only if it is required, meaningful and serves a purpose.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Most Solved

1. 1
      Sunil Ahya
      Sunil Ahya
    2. 2
      RTI RAJENDRAN
      RTI RAJENDRAN
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      Sunil Ahya
      Sunil Ahya
    2. 2
      RTI RAJENDRAN
      RTI RAJENDRAN
    3. 3
      Prasad GLN
      Prasad GLN
    4. 4
      subbu23
      subbu23
    5. 5
      Priya De
      Priya De
  • Our picks

• Instances that involve disclosure of sensitive information, it may be rationale for the CPIO to ask for citizenship proof
      Information Commissioner Divya Prakash Sinha held that seeking citizenship proof in case of demand of sensitive information is justified but seeking a signed copy of the application does not seem appropriate as the online portal does not mandate uploading of signatures.

Sinha was hearing the plea of an Odisha-based RTI applicant who had sought from the Army information regarding implementation of rules under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 in all defence establishments.
      The Army did not provide any information to the applicant, the CIC noted. Akhand approached the Commission with a complaint that the central public information officer (CPIO) of the Army has demanded a signed copy of his online RTI application as well as identity proof before providing him the records.
      “In this regard, it may be noted that as far as CPIO’s request for citizenship proof is concerned, the same is not questioned as Commission in its prior decision(s) has held the view that Armed Forces stand on a slightly different footing as there may be instances that involve disclosure of sensitive information, and for such reasons it may be rationale for the CPIO to ask for citizenship proof,” Sinha noted.
      Originally posted here!

Reputation Points

• 0 replies
    • Some of you -- at least CJ Karira, who helped me years ago in one crucial step, getting SEBI to acknowledge its own circular! -- know of a 15-year quest among desi academics to get SEBI to release its stale masked FII data for academic research. At one point years ago a parliamentary query by Shyam Benegal, then Rajya Sabha MP, sought the release of this data for academic research. He then made a subsequent RTI query asking what had done about his complaint about the terrible answer he got to his parliamentary question. We thought we had succeeded when in response to that SEBI did put in public domain that FII data and promised to update. And to  their credit, they did update it from time to time, even if a bit fitfully. But thanks to a question by a curious IIT-Madras undergrad, we realized that what SEBI gave with one hand they took away with another. While the idea was that the FII IDs would be masked to preserve privacy, without telling anyone, SEBI changed the masks each month, drastically reducing the value for academic research (since you can't even tell how many distinct FIIs are there in the data base, and whether anyone traded over time). It also caused mistakes in academic research since no one imagined that SEBI would use changing masks, when no other regulator or exchange on the planet does so.

To get SEBI to finally agree to not hide by changing masks, but to keep a stable mask, has taken many years. But at least per the ruling received yesterday, it has been achieved, with no violence to anyone. I attach the ruling. I can also post the various submissions made at the Second Appeal hearing if there is any interest (need to scrub email-IDs, per the policy of this site).

Addendum_To_CIC_2nd_appeal_28th_February_2020.pdfThis RTI site, in particular Karira-ji, has been very helpful to me in the course of this long episode thru countless RTI queries. And I am grateful for that from the bottom of my heart. I am confident we will see quite a few PhD dissertations using this database within the next few years.

Addendum_To_CIC_2nd_appeal_28th_February_2020.pdf
      Second_Addendum_w_Appendices_29th_Feb_2020.pdf
      CIC-SEBIH-A-2017-139953-BJ.pdf
      Third_Addendum to Additional Submission for RTI Second Appeal_2nd_March_2020.pdf
      To_CIC_2nd_appeal_27th_February_2020_Redacted.pdf
      Draft_Talking_Points_for_the_Hearing.pdf
      From_SEBI_Written Submiissions - Murugappa Krishnan 139953.pdf
      thanking_CIC_post_decision_Redacted.pdf

Reputation Points

• 3 replies

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy