neel_patel

Please check my RTI Draft and Suggest me corrections if needed

Question

neel_patel

I have drafted RTI points regarding unwarranted use of section 110 Crpc by SDM and local police please check all the points and suugest me corrections in it. IMG_20200605_200101.jpegIMG_20200605_200207.jpegIMG_20200605_200254.jpeg

3 answers to this question

Sunil Ahya

1. Just cross check that all your RTI queries point towards a documents such that PIO is able to provide you with a photocopy of those documents sought by you.

2. Avoid being too lengthy with a large number of queries, be very very precise and focused with a minimum number of queries.

3. Limit the time period, there is no point seeking documents for a period 5 years, unless you see a necessary purpose.

neel_patel
1. Just cross check that all your RTI queries point towards a documents such that PIO is able to provide you with a photocopy of those documents sought by you.
2. Avoid being too lengthy with a large number of queries, be very very precise and focused with a minimum number of queries.
3. Limit the time period, there is no point seeking documents for a period 5 years, unless you see a necessary purpose.
Thank you so much Sir for ur valuable suggestions, I will break this RTI into 3 separate part Every single application with 3 to 4 points only and you r right I should ask for 2 years period so they can't denied it on the volumious information ground

Sunil Ahya

It is not the question of what shall be denied by them or not, but it is the question of what shall suffice for your purpose, if your purpose is sufficed by just three to six months why ask for information for a period larger than that?

Seek only information that is required, be very very brief, precise and to the point, so no point seeking a large number of documents by multiple queries or filing multiple applications.

The key here is, seek all the information, but only if it is required, meaningful and serves a purpose.