RTI information for RPO Hyderabad

sp_singhg

Hi,

I have just joined your RTI community. First of all, accept my congratulation for the great work that you are doing.

I have applied for passport renewal at RPO Hyderabad about four months. Police has sent the verification report about 2.5 months back but still I have not received the passport. So I want to submit an RTI application and have following questions in that regard:

Q 1: What are the post offices in Hyderabad, that accept RTI applications? I have seen the list of India posts website but that does not provide the addresses of the post offices.

Q 2: If I send my RTI application by registered post/ speed post directly to RPO, can I pay the fee using Indian Postal Orders?

Q 3: In whose favour should IPO/ banker's cheque be drawn?

Thanks a lot.

• Super Moderator
karira
Hi,

Q 1: What are the post offices in Hyderabad, that accept RTI applications? I have seen the list of India posts website but that does not provide the addresses of the post offices.

Q 2: If I send my RTI application by registered post/ speed post directly to RPO, can I pay the fee using Indian Postal Orders?

Q 3: In whose favour should IPO/ banker's cheque be drawn?

Thanks a lot.

1. Only GPO Hyderabad accepts RTI applications for a limited number of Public Authorities under the Centre.

You can read more about it in this thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/966-right-information-hyderabad-passport-office.html2. You can pay the application fees by IPO and attach it to the application while sending it by Registered Post AD or Speed Post. Mention the details of the IPO at the bottom of your application and also keep a copy of the filled in IPO for your reference.

3. The IPO is payable to "Accounts Officer"

Please also read the following article in the Guide section of the portal:

How to submit a RTI Application - RTI Guide

The Guide segment also has many articles which will be useful to you.

sp_singhg

Dear Mr. Karira,

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your quick response. It was really helpful.

Just one more clarification; should I use following details on IPO?

Pay To: Accounts Officer, RPO, Hyderabad

Payable at: Hyderabad

First link that you have provided (RTI to Hyderabad passport office) is not working.

Regards

• Super Moderator
karira

Yes that is fine.

Yes, it seems some problem with the link.

Please use the search function available at the top of this page and search for "passport+hyderabad" and you will get that thread. It is a thread started by our member "mgopik".

sp_singhg

Thanks to this forum, I was able to draft a good RTI application. Today, I have also sent it to RPO by speed post.

But Later on, I realized that I have missed to sign the application. What should I do now? Should I resend a fresh application with a new postal order?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
sp_singhg

It is almost a month since I sent my RTI application to RPO Hyderabad. I have neither received a response nor my passport.

While I will wait for another week, it would be great if you could help me with the process for filing first appeal.

Thanks & Regards,

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Singh Sahab

Details of FAA: RTI

Please see:

First Appeal Central Govt. Guidelines : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/18-first-appeal-central-govt-guidelines.html

How to write First appeal:How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

A ready made format for First Appeal for deemed denial of information (by Karira Sir) is attached in this thread: (Please make suitable changes)

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-disregarding-right-information-act.html#post11618

Possibly this info will be of good help to you

regards

sp_singhg

RTI rocks!

rtiindia rocks!

I got my passport just couple of days before expiry of 30 days period post my RTI filing. Thanks to all the Info Warriors (especially Mr. Karira and Mr. Ambrish P). You guys are doing a great job.

While I have received the passport, I have not yet got the RTI response. I plan to send the first appeal in next week or so.

I earned some good experiences (including an excellent interaction with postal department) during this process. I will share those in another post.

Thanks one again!

• Super Moderator
karira

Congratulations on your first success with RTI !

Now that you have personal experience of the power of RTI, please spread the word amongst your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and anyone else who cares to listen. RTI will be of great help to them also.

And yes, take the RTI process to its logical conclusion otherwise you will face the same situation the next time your passport comes up for renewal.

drsunilpshenoy

dear Sukhwinder

Great to know that RTI has worked for you. Just a query, would you still file an appeal as you have stated? The concerned official who issues the passport has done his job, catalysed by your RTI application!!

regards

drsunilpshenoy
Congratulations on your first success with RTI !

Now that you have personal experience of the power of RTI, please spread the word amongst your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and anyone else who cares to listen. RTI will be of great help to them also.

And yes, take the RTI process to its logical conclusion otherwise you will face the same situation the next time your passport comes up for renewal.

Dear karira

I have a slightly different view point. The very fact that more and more RTI applications can come up if passport issue is delayed is enough stimulus for straightening out these characters. Should we necessarily go for appeals, spending more time, that may be put to better use, now that the job is done?

However, there may be specific circumstances where the information sought and not provided, may come in of use in future, as I myself had in my tryst with the City Corporation.Here, I got my Occupancy certificate for my Residence after filing the RTI application (with an absurd reply from the PIO!), but my appeal before SIC is due for hearing next month. The information sought , if not available, will prove that the whole with-holding of the OC was illegal, and will be an insurance against any funny acts by the Corporation against me in future!

regards

• Super Moderator
ganpat1956

Just got reminded of a saying: Sauce for the gander is not sauce for the goose.

• 4 weeks later...
sp_singhg

Post receipt of my passport, I have also received a response on my RTI query but it simply says:

"Consequent upon usual check, your passport application has been processes and a passport bearing no. ....... dated ...... dispatched to you address vide RL no.: ..... dtd ....."

However this response does not answer any query that I had raised in my RTI application. Am I still eligible for filing first appeal?

Thanks

sp_singhg
dear Sukhwinder

Great to know that RTI has worked for you. Just a query, would you still file an appeal as you have stated? The concerned official who issues the passport has done his job, catalysed by your RTI application!!

regards

Dear Dr. Sunil,

Yes, I still want to file the first appeal. They have a very poor response sytem and that is the reason for most of the delays. None of my calls were answered and none of my emails were replied. They need to put a proper response system in place and most of my RTI questions are related to that.

My work is done now but there are many more who are suffering and I believe that if I take it to a conclusion, it might be of some help to others.

Regards,

• Super Moderator
karira
Dear Dr. Sunil,

Yes, I still want to file the first appeal. They have a very poor response sytem and that is the reason for most of the delays. None of my calls were answered and none of my emails were replied. They need to put a proper response system in place and most of my RTI questions are related to that.

My work is done now but there are many more who are suffering and I believe that if I take it to a conclusion, it might be of some help to others.

Regards,

That is the correct attitude !

The issue of your passport has nothing to do with the reply to your RTI Application.

The information you sought must be provided to you.

File a First Appeal.

It has to be filed within 30 days of receiving the PIO's reply.

sp_singhg

Thanks Mr. Karira. I would appreciate if you could look at my post #16 in this thread and confirm if I am still eligible to file first appeal.

sandeepbaheti

Since you are not satisfied with the reply from the PIO you are entitled to file first appeal. First appeal has to be filed within 30 days from receiving the PIO's response.

drsunilpshenoy

Dear S P Singhg

I just attended an enquiry with the SIC yesterday in connection with my appeal. My work was done already after I started firing my RTI applications. Nonetheless, I appealed against the concerned PIO for delay (of almost a month) in replying and non-availability of some information. The information sought by me was probably not generated in the first place and all I wanted was a reply that "that the concerned dept was not in possession of the documents." This would have helped me to keep myself safe at a later date.

The respondent was not present. I was a bit taken aback when after reading all my allegations, I was asked by the SIC-"Now what exactly do you want me to do? Penalty, we shall see later, first let us try and get the information you have asked for!!" I know the information cannot be traced even if the spend their life searching for it.I felt that the attitude was more lenient than was called for. All the same, I insisted that note should be taken of the delay in reply and more efforts should be made to trace the documents. A show cause notice was then dictated as to why penalty should not be levied for delay in reply( only after I specifically pointed it out!) and to make further attempts to trace the document, send me a list of all documents transferred form ......etc etc.

If you are asked a similar query after having received your passport, please be ready with your forceful reply that you want action to be taken against the official for not giving you the information asked for.. and also a reply to a side query as to how the information will be useful to you (though you are fully justified under the provisions of the RTI Act!). at times, you will find that the Concerned judge is so mild and polite that you may not be able to bring yourself to suggest action against the Official in such a case. I am speaking from a recent personal experience (just yesterday to be exact!)

regards

arun_agrawal

Sure. This is another offshoot of the RTI process . As far as I am concerned, submission and follow up on RTI applications enabled me to make useful contacts with the Delhi and Noida Police as well as Distriuct Judge .