ATM related query

code88

Question

code88

In my area we have an ICICI Bank atm which is operated in a part of a residential house on a rental basis by the bank. Now the home owner has his own private shop just by the side of the atm. He closes the shutter of the atm as and when he closes the shutter for his shop and the same , when in morning at around 9 am he opens his shop, then he opens the shutter of the atm.

I am sure there must be some guidelines by the RBI that must be same across banks, may that be pvt or govt. So I need help getting the information that what is the exact rule or regulation of atm like this and whether or not he can close the shutter as and when he wants. Plese provide me a framework of an RTI.

5 answers to this question

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Have you called up the ICICI Bank call center and tried to get the answers to your queries, because that may work out much immediate and faster?

Prasad GLN

File on line application to RBI and seek information as follows:

Subject on information sought: Latest directives/guidelines on maintenance of ATMS for convenience of Public.

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of latest notification/circular/guidelines/directives on maintenance of ATMS for the use of Public by Commercial Banks.

If you are a customer of ICICI, lodge on line grievance.

code88

Is this a correct. I think they should have provided the exact documents and not their notification numbers.

Screenshot_2020_0709_001916.png

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

I have done the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) of the screenshot for you.

Now you can just copy/paste these notification numbers and Google search will give you the documents, for example I have attached the document mentioned at point (a) herewith this post, you can also click on the link inserted at point (a) and download it:

a) Paragraph No.8 of the Annex to our circular on 'Rationalization of Branch Authorization Policy' No.DBR.BAPD. BC.69/22.01.001/2016-17 dated May 18, 2017;

b) Paragraph No.2 of our Circular on 'Relaxations in Branch Authorisation Policy-Off Site ATMs' No.DBR.BAPD.BC.72 /22.01.001/2015-16 dated January 14, 2016;

c) Paragraph No.4 of our Master Circular on 'Branch Authorisation' - No.DBOD. BAPD.BC.7/ 22.01.001/2014-15 dated July 01, 2014.

d) 'Cash Management activities of the banks Standards for engaging the Service Provider and its sub-contractor' - DCM (Pig) No.3563/ 10.25.07/2017-18 dated April 06, 2018

e) 'Cassette - Swaps in ATMs'- DCM (Pig.) No.3641/10.25.007 /2017-18 dated April 12, 2018.

f) 'Outsourcing of Cash Management - Reconciliation of Transactions' - DCM (Plg)No. 2746/10.25.07/2018-19 dated May 14, 2019

g) 'Security Measures for ATMs' - DCM (Pig.) No.2968/10.25.007 /2018-19 dated June 14, 2019.

h) Sr. No.Vll.19 of the Annex to our circular DBOD.FSD. BC.23/24.01.011 /2008-09 dated July 23, 2008 on 'Credit Card Operations of Banks'

Notification-'Rationalization of Branch Authorization Policy'.PDF