P.N.

Occupied property

Question

P.N.

Sir,

Public property was registered by neighbors as an ancestral property of them.

I have applied certified copies read all the pages no survey number is mentioned in that registered property no link document attached to that property.

May i file RTI regrading this issue to Sub registrar office to provide the certified copies of link documents which were not registered this information i have asked to Sub registrar office to provide certified copies of the link documents they said is not possible to provide the link document deed is not registered and also may i also file a RTI application reason for not mentioning survey number on that registered property.

Is their any possibility is there to file complaint against Sub registrar for above issue , after registering the document if there is any possibility to cancel the registered deed on above higher officials of Sub registrar . Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

If there was a system of providing certified copies for a fee, before enactment of RTI, it should prevail.

There was such a procedure of providing certified copies of registered documents at Registrar's office prior to 2005.

So Registrar office for getting certified copies is beyond ambit of RTI Act.

To get certified copies of any documents basic necessities are Year. Registration No.  Book  No... volume No....Folio No.  Without these basic facilities, you can not get any certified copies.

However certain professional can search the records and find out the details and only professionals can do that.  The search fees are nominal.

Even in RTI you have to specify minimum details .

Unless a document is registered you can never get an entry in Registrar's books.

The only source is revenue dept., the neighbours old documents that state the owners of their boundaries.

The document registered can be filed only by Court on filing a declaration suit.

If it is  a public property, and if there is no claim, it becomes the property of the possessor who is enjoying the property for 30 years.

First chart out a plan and make written complaint to that Public authority that owned the land and send it by registered post. First step.

After one month  file RTI Application seeking information under RTI Act on action taken on your complaint and developments, with present status.

With all this, file a PIL before High court and let the law take its time.

P.N.

Thank you sir