subbu23

Additional Fees RTI complaint

Question

subbu23

Sir,

Filed RTI seeking copy of my police complaint  along with the statement recorded from counter complainant

PIO replied on Day 28 (within 30 days)  and stated that the information is  readily available and the same could be obtained by remitting Rs 8 as additional fees for documents,PIo also requested me to send a self addressed envelope with stamps affixed for dispatching the documents ( it seems as per a new circular, self addressed envelope is required)

I paid the requisite fees   vide treasury challan( SBI)  towards the Government Account DPC 0070 60 118 AA 0005.Also , I've enclosed self addressed envelope with postal stamps of value RS 18 affixed. The Challan, self addressed envelope was sent  vide speed post on 29.05.2020 and received by PIO on 30.05.2020

The speed post delivery status shows item delivery confirmed on 30.05.2020

Today, I called the RTI section Office at District Police Office and came to know that they did not receive copy of  letter sent on 29.05.2020 vide speed post bearing challan and self addressed envelope.I filed a complaint with India Post and filed an RTI seeking delivery manifest and POD

PIO of District Police Office denied receiving the Letter and questioned whether I  have acknowledgement card.I replied that I have sent the fees vide speed post.

I received reply from PIO on 28.05.2020, sent additional fees on 29.05.2020. Please clarify on time limit for FA

Please advice on First Appeal.

4 answers to this question

subbu23

Please advice on Appeal Points, PIO is dodging as if he did not receive the copy of Speed Post with Challan and self addressed envelope

Sunil Ahya

It would be better if you can personally visit the PIO's Office, make a payment of fees across the counter (after all it is just Rs. 8/-) and ask the PIO to provide the requested information.

subbu23

Sir,

PIO accepts only treasury challan in person. No cash counter as such

Amidst the pandemic and travel restrictions, I have taken treasury challan and then went to SBI for remittance .Further enclosed self addressed envelope with Rs 15 stamps affixed. The PIO has received it and dodging to delay or obstruct information.

Sunil Ahya

PIO is bound to accept what the RTI Rules of the particular State Govt. prescribes, so you will need to download the RTI Rules of your particular State Govt. (which State Govt. is it?) and find out the acceptable modes of payment.