Janarthini

How to get copy of POLICE GENERAL DIARY for a specific date using RTI?

Question

Janarthini
Posted (edited)

Well,

I was arrested and remanded on 31st day of May, 2020. In the FIR, the GENERAL DIARY REFERENCE is not filled by the police officials, it is left blank. I did not commit any crime.I was arrested by police just to satisfy the party which bribed the police. One of my friend, a human rights activist examined the GENERAL DIARY at the police station and found that there are no entries regarding my arrest. So, I want to challenge the police in the court of law. I am in need of certified copy of the POLICE GENERAL DIARY from 30th May, 2020 to 3rd June 2020. Kindly provide me the specific format of RTI application quoting the RTI sections to get the copy of General Diary from police by Post. Your information shall help me to challenge the police in high court and save my honor and dignity of my family.

Edited by Janarthini
typos

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

A state government might have prescribed a format of RTI Application. You can search website of District Police dept., for that format.  I suggest that some friends or relatives have to file such RTI applications from a different outstation, and also combine 10 to 15 undwanted dates, so that they can not suspect the applicant efforts, as they may pull themselves into shell and may not provide the information on such silly causes known in RTI Act and to drag the issue for further three years.  A common format provided below.(I have deliberately suggested for filing application to Supdt of office as they have to forward such application to PS and that covering letter has to be provided and such forwarding from SP office is having it's weight in gold.

Application dt.1st July, 2020 seeking information under RTI Act.

Before : State Public Information officer, Supdt., of Police,..................

Fee: Rs.10/- postal order No.....drawn in favour of Accounts officer, Police dept. payable at...

Applicant:

Information solicited:

1/Please provide me photocopies of  General Diary from 1st May, 2020 to 30th Jun,2020  with due certification as per DOPT rules and regulations .maintained at.................PS as expeditiously as possible.

The necessary fees will be paid after receiving such calculation sheet from SPIO.

Applicant.

Sunil Ahya

The application drafted by Hon'ble Prasad Ji is excellent, however, there is just one small correction, the DoPT Rules (which pertain to Central Govt.) are not applicable to a State Govt. unless the place is a union territory.

So you can say:

1/Please provide me photocopies of  General Diary from 1st May, 2020 to 30th Jun,2020  with due certification as per section 2(1)(j) of the RTI Act, maintained at.................PS as expeditiously as possible.

The necessary fees will be paid after receiving such calculation sheet from SPIO.