Framing RTI query

Madathil

Question

Madathil

I worked in an Institute as a scientist under a fellowship sanctioned to me by DBT. The grant money comes to Institute account and the institute paid my salary from this grant. After completion of my 4 years tenure, as per rules I got signatures from various authorities into a No demand certificate form, including purchase officer, head, section officer, cashier etc. The FAO (Finance & Account officer) wrote in my form that "there is a need to clear the liabilities of my project"

The only liabilities are from Institute part-my last month salary & remaining grant money to DBT.

I submitted the NDC form in early Feb 2020, but administration in the Institute refuse to process it. My release OM is not given.

I went to see, FAO asking to explain me the liabilities, he refused and insulted me.

Now they are asking me to submit a self signed No Liability certificate which is non-existent in the Institute. I recently filed an RTI asking for last five years copy of all self signed  no liability certificate submitted  by retired and tenure completed staffs, tenure completed sanctioned projects and waiting for the reply.

Now I would like to file an RTI directly asking FAO to elaborate the specific details of liabilities of my project he mentioned in the NDC form.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion regarding how to frame the queries

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

This was your post: " I recently filed an RTI asking for last five years copy of all self signed  no liability certificate submitted  by retired and tenure completed staffs, tenure completed sanctioned projects and waiting for the reply."

Please come back with such response so that you can file meaningful first appeal.  Be prepared that no one cares for RTI and you have to ultimately approach for Information Commission only.   Hence abide by time frame and if there is no response from PIO within 35 days from date of filing your RTI, immediately go for first appeal without wasting time.

One can seek information from Public Information officer, and he has to direct or take assistance from FAO.

Be brief and post exactly what you require from Public Authority and how you wish to use that information for logical conclusion.