RTI REQUEST APPLICATION RETURNED TO APPLICANT

vijju123

Question

vijju123
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I had applied online for demarcation of my plot,  I received an order online  on the date 19.06 / 2020 in which it is written that the Panchnama was certified. but I don't know what was written in punchnama I hadn't a copy of the Panchnama. so I asked copy of the Panchnama via RTI so I received the below information I don't understand where I made mistake 

"As mentioned in the guidelines for use of this portal, this facility is not available for filing RTI applications for the public authorities under the State Governments, including Government of NCT Delhi. Since your RTI application is meant for a public authority under the State Government, the same is returned herewith. You may file the same before the concerned public authority under the State Government."

I don't understand where I made mistake, Did I apply in wrong place so what's meaning of this RTI reply  Is there another site for state government ? 

This site https://onlinerti.com/how-to-file-rti-online-for-madhyapradesh  show that no such website is available in madhypradesh.

__files_A06-2020_Public-APP-684118620206221142001-simankan (2).pdf

Edited by vijju123

7 answers to this question

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

RTI Application is to be addressed to the designation "Public Information Officer" in short "PIO" and the address of the PIO.

One does not need to know the name of the PIO.

For example:

To,

The Public Information Officer,

XX Department,

XX Public Authority,

Address of the Public Authority.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

We in India have adopted a federal form of government, with a Union Government at the Center and then State Governments for each State.

RTI Act is the same for both the Union Governments and the State Governments, however, the RTI Rules as well as Public Authorities are different for them.

For Central Govt Public Authorities the Central Govt. Rules and its Online Portal will be applicable, however, for each of the State Govt's their respective RTI Rules and Online Portals if any will be applicable.

Kindly refer to your particular State Govt. 'RTI Rules' and 'Online Portal if any' for the same.

vijju123
Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, Prasad GLN said:

It appears that you have filed on line RTI application to Central Government RTI portal and it is not to be used for seeking information from  state government departments .

I searched on internet but could not find any web site on which I could file online rti for my state.

I live in Madhya Pradesh. I need information from the revenue department Now i have to file RTI offline. I do not understand on which address and I should post RTI application also I don't know the name of public officer for revenue department. 

I am looking help to find correct officer and address for revenue department

Thanks 

Edited by vijju123
Prasad GLN

Please post the exact query, so that members can suggest the custodian of information.

vijju123
8 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

Please post the exact query, so that members can suggest the custodian of information.

I want some information from revenue department through RTI. I cannot file online RTI in my state so I am going to file offline RTI in revenue department but i dont know the name of officer and address of officer where I have to post the RTI application ? 

Prasad GLN

If you are not aware of the custodian of information, always file application to NODAL STATE PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER, DISTRICT COLLECTOR OFFICE.  The Act has taken care of the needs of such citizens, and who ever receives application in any public authority, the SPIO receiving such information should find the custodian of such information and forthwith send such application to concerned SPIO. Immediately after endorsing (within same dept.; EX:Revenue) or transferring to other SPIO in another organization, applicant receives such information from the SPIO who received such application.   The process is not difficult and it maybe delayed by 5 days, but applicant can certainly expect information.