Financial Frauds in RRB - Second Appeal

vasanth_pondy
Go to solution Solved by Sunil Ahya,

Question

vasanth_pondy

I filed RTI against a Regional Rural Bank regarding FInancial frauds which was rejected by PIO and FAA of that RRB stating  Section 8(1)(j) not involving public interest and invasion of privacy , Section (1)(e) held in Fiduciary capacity by the Bank .

I also Filed RTI to RBI , Indian Bank , NABARD , CVC regarding Frauds in that RRB ...All agencies forwarded the application to that RRB stating that they dont have records with them.

I want Help to Frame My Grounds and Prayers to the CIC regarding my second appeal......

6 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Definitely the frauds are issues that involved larger public interest and those frauds after investigation must be disclosed to public.  Please upload exact query and reason for precise guidance.  FIle RTI Application to CPIO, DBOD, RBI, Mumbai seeking information as follows:

1.Please provide any guideline or directive issued to commercial banks against disclosing  denial of information under RTI on information  frauds investigated by banks and reported to RBI.

2.Please provide any decision of CIC on disclosure of information on such frauds.

3.Please provide controlling authority for receiving fraud investigation reports of RRB.

Prasad GLN

Go for second appeal on same grounds as in First Appeal.  Frauds in Public institutions are not in larger public interest and there can never be exemptions under RTI or any other act.   Even the statutory obligation of maintaining secrecy of customer account is having exemptions if their own interest is involved.

vasanth_pondy

I attached here the RTI  sir ........

No Agency has investigated the Frauds in that RRB becoz they didnt report to Parent bank and other Agencies..SO chances are there for manipulating value of the frauds and saving officers who might point the management involvement in frauds.....

PBGB.docx