PreetGill971

Question

PreetGill971

Hello everyone

My dad was murdered in fake encountered by punjab police 

During punjab insurgency in 1992

Petition was filed by my mom

And court ordered a cbi enquery

But the thing is in that times punjab police made sure to plant every evidence and hence cbi report maDe my dad a hardcore criminal which was not the case

So my question can i get that cbi enquery report submited to court 1992 via rti

I have date on which enquery was ordered ,case number and date on which it was submited to court

I have cbi is not rti but is there any other way out

3 answers to this question

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Have you already filed a RTI application, or are you apprehensive about probable exemptions and therefore are yet to file a RTI application?

Also, so far as, obtaining information from CBI is concerned, please read and be aware of the provision of section 24 of the RTI Act. The same is reproduced below (relevant and important portion highlighted)

24. (1) Nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the intelligence and security organisations specified in the Second Schedule, being organisations established by the Central Government or any information furnished by such organisations to that Government:

Provided that the information pertaining to the allegations of corruption and human rights violations shall not be excluded under this sub-section:

Provided further that in the case of information sought for is in respect of allegations of violation of human rights, the information shall only be provided after the approval of the Central Information Commission, and notwithstanding anything contained in section 7, such information shall be provided within forty-five days from the date of the receipt of request.

Prasad GLN

You are a victim and you have every right to obtain all such documents as such victim even without RTI through process of court.   There must be some procedure for obtaining such report and CBI has a duty to provide the report.  SImilarly CBI will be submitting reply to a court or to Police dept., superiors.   You can definitely access such copies from other public authorities..