I drafted a RTI with 8 quistion regarding the same subject, will i get a reply.

Anas 1786i

Question

Anas 1786i

I drafted a RTI with 8 quistion regarding the same subject,  will i get a reply.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Members can not foretell the future of any application.   The duty of PIO is to provide information or deny information stating such exemptions in RTI Act with justification within 30days from receipt of such application.  Wait for 30 days from the date of receipt of your application by PIO and +5 days transit and then come back to the forum with copy and paste of those 8 points or in case if the information is denied by PIO within that month.  You can expect good meaningful guidance from the forum and there is no guarantee that PIO will provide the information.

The Act has taken care of such rejection/denials and there are two more further chances for appeal on deliberate and malafide actions if any of CPIO.

Also please note that this is a voluntary forum not connected with Govt and members can guide other members basing on their experience and RTI Act.

Edited by Prasad GLN
  • Super Moderator
Priya De
22 hours ago, Anas 1786i said:

I drafted a RTI with 8 quistion regarding the same subject,  will i get a reply.

Generally it is advisable to keep the number of questions to reasonable numbers. But yes, there is no restrictions on number of questions one can ask in an RTI Application. The good practice is to only club questions related to the specific subject.