Lottery by temple managent

damodard29

Question

I had purchase the lottery from one temple management last year in Goa, which draw never happened hence I have requested the information to Government of Goa /directorate of small savings and lotteries 

Please provide the certified copies of the following documents related to the loterries as per copy of lottery ticket submitted here 

Documents related to general administration, Organisational Structure, Rules,  etc

Sale of tickets, unsold tickets, Printing of tickets, Distribution of tickets, Prize structure,

Lottery Draws, Publication of results, 

Prize and Agents Prize distribution, Income tax, Revenue collection, Profit and Loss details, Unclaimed Prizes,.

Now the Above lottery authority has transferred my RTI application to Mamletdar of my constituency stating he is the main administration for the temple in my constituency!

Please help me with details on above with your good support since all the information seeked by me has been transferred to the Mamletdar Authority!

E846FF6D-2957-4196-908B-E2A0F6ED4DC2.jpeg

Edited by damodard29
Alteration

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

The first question is as to whether the Lottery is having such permissions/approvals/sanctions etc.

Now that they have identified public authority, as the process has already started, wait for their response.

Depending on their response you can go for first appeal if possible.

It is still doubtful whether endowments/temples are Public authority or not.

You ought to have asked whether the temple is having such permissions to conduct such lotteries and entire set of documents submitted by them temple authorities while seeking permission if any for conducting such lottery and approvals with such conditions by authorities.

Edited by Prasad GLN