Cheque clear process in central bank of india

rahulahmef

Question

rahulahmef

Hello team kindly help me actually i have deposited a cheque before 15 days ago the amount is yet to credit in my account if i visit bank no one take responsibility so is there any option to field a rti 

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

RTI is not suitable to your problem.

The collecting banker has the responsibility of presenting the cheque as immediately as possible to the paying banker and credit the proceeds after receiving such amounts.  In case of local cheques the credit has to be given within 48 working hours and in case of outstation within maximum 7 days.

If there is a delay of 15 days there is deficiency of service and you are a consumer.

So file a complaint to bank in which you have presented the cheque on line immediately informing facts.

EX: This is to bring to your kind attention that I have on.....................deposited Cheque No.................drawn on .......................Bank.........................Branch for collection at.....................Bank........................Branch, but till to day the amount was neither credited to my SB Account No..............................or the banker returned unpaid cheque No.......................

As there is deficiency of service, I am issuing this notice under CP Act and request for the status of the cheque as expeditiously as possible.

rahulahmef

Sir kindly write complete complaint letter so that i can copy the same and submitted to the bank

Prasad GLN

The body of the letter was provided to you and you have to fill in the blanks and write the address.  Then open the online website of the Bank and paste the complaint at appropriate place,  Wait for 15 days for a response and come back.

(Please understand that this is not an RTI issue for which this forum is dedicated and members can give guidance only  and can not offer secretarial services)

Edited by Prasad GLN