Infosys renders pathetic service towards alumnus

Siddhartha_Basu88

Question

Siddhartha_Basu88

I had parted ways with Infosys back in Sept 2014 after a stint of 4.6 yrs. I had withdrawn the PF however Infosys never told that form 10C needs to be submitted to withdraw the EPS amount. I had submitted it and they acknowledged it in 2015, however the amount was never credited to me. When I raised grievance in EPFO portal they reverted stating Infosys didn't submit attested form 10C hence the claim was rejected. I had followed up multiple times with Infosys via mail/alumni portal but never received any help.Worst way to treat an ex-employee when they're no longer in service of the company.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens in seeking information from public authorities under RTI Act and Infosys being a private authority is not within ambit of RTI Act.

You may explore the following ways to give life to the dead issue.  This is a general guidance and make alterations to suit your requirement.

1.File on line RTI Application to EPF and seek information as follows:

1.Please inform if the employer fails to submit duly attested 10C with withdrawal of employee, and if the claim is rejected, the specific reasons (Laid down norms.rules and regulations) that withhold EPF to call for attestation from employer without rejecting the employee's claim as he is in no way connected with responsibilities in between employer and EPF.

2.After fifteen days from first step, issue a notice under CP Act to both Infosys and EPF as follows.

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT dt...............Aug,2020

To

1.EPF  

2.INFOSYS

(Write full address)

I,....................................S/o...........................aged........years, employee residing at................................(Full address)..(herein referred to as complainant) issue notice as follows:

1.The complainant is an employee with No.2 of you with designation...................and worked till................at............................and resigned from No.2 organization on.

2.During his employment with No.2 of you, the complainant has subscribed to EPF with No.1 of you with account No...................................and a sum of Rs..........................was outstanding in the EPF on the date of resignation and complainant has submitted Form 10C to No.1 through No.2. on....................

3.It was informed by No.1 of you on.............vide reference (Redressal of grievances No.)  on that as No.2 as employer, has not attested the FNo10C and thus the legitimate claim/withdrawal was rejected by No.1.

4.The complainant is concerned with his duties and responsibilities and according to laid down procedure, complainant has submitted withdrawal form through his employer, and if employer has not attested and acted negligently, No.1 of you ought to have demanded for such attestation and keep the withdrawal pending.  But for negligence of No.2 though it is a routine function to them, No.1 of you can not reject such withdrawal of hard earned money of the complainant.

This notice is being issued to both No.1 and No.2 under CP Act as there is deficiency of service and harassment by both the organizations.  No.1 may insist for No.2's attestation and settle the amount within 15 days from receipt of this notice.   Complainant will be constrained to proceed against No.1 and No.2 of you in case of failure to refund the amount with the above stipulated date and he will seek remedy at appropriate forum for costs, interest and compensation for harassment for 6 years.

Complainant.

Edited by Prasad GLN