Jump to content

Cooperative housing society in Mumbai


Recommended Posts


Whether RTI can be used to request information from CHS managing committee? How to go about it? What is the procedure when the managing committee does not follow the rules laid down by the CHS Bye-laws? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Prasad GLN

The proper way of seeking information as a member from co-op society is issuing a notice demanding such information as a right in the capacity of Member of the society.  You have paid subscription and compensation to society for availing services.   Providing information and books of accounts for inspection to member is fundamental duty and obligation of society.  If society fails in its obligation then proper way is issuing notice for production of such information for inspection as expeditiously as possible.   Wait for a month and if society fails to provide that information making a complaint to Registrar of societies.  Finally making a complaint before District Consumer Forum if the information is important/urgent. (The total costs may not exceed Rs.500/- if a party appears in person)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    • Nitin Singhvi
    • Rajesh Kumar Rti Acivitor
    • Er.Pawanjha
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy