Jump to content
  • 0

Information on RTI refused to accept by PIO


mangalh

Question

mangalh

Dear Team

I have made a RTI to PIO , West Bengal  ,Transport Department which has been refused to accept by concerned authority on dtd 28/08/2020 .

Kindly advise me how to proceed further in this issue whether matter may be forwarded to Concern appellate authority or to Commission .

in case should i wait for 30 days or may appeal now .

I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback .

 

 

RTI Refused.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya

You can either file a first appeal against the PIO's decision or directly file a complaint u/s. 18 with the State Information Commission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Go for first appeal and get xerox of the envelope on both sides and keep it as a record.  As information is the focus always go for first appeal only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

For the information of members please inform whether you have addressed the envelope in individual name and designation or just mentioned Public Information  officer ?

To all those new comers, the experts in the forum many times in the past advised members never to write individual name and always write the designation or authority name.

EX:  Mr. X, CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi.  (it may be  probable that others may not accept envelope in the name of individual)

CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi   

or 

DOPT, NEW DELHI.

Central Secretariat rules are available in the forum.  Generally in many organisations working at a single location, the TAPPAL (inward and outward) is being single dept., and there should not be any objections for refusing by such dept.,  But several organisations still want that the envelopes should always be written as CPIO only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

For the information of members please inform whether you have addressed the envelope in individual name and designation or just mentioned Public Information  officer ?

To all those new comers, the experts in the forum many times in the past advised members never to write individual name and always write the designation or authority name.

EX:  Mr. X, CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi.  (it may be  probable that others may not accept envelope in the name of individual)

CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi   

or 

DOPT, NEW DELHI.

Central Secretariat rules are available in the forum.  Generally in many organisations working at a single location, the TAPPAL (inward and outward) is being single dept., and there should not be any objections for refusing by such dept.,  But several organisations still want that the envelopes should always be written as CPIO only.

 

21 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

Go for first appeal and get xerox of the envelope on both sides and keep it as a record.  As information is the focus always go for first appeal only.

 

22 hours ago, Sunil Ahya said:

You can either file a first appeal against the PIO's decision or directly file a complaint u/s. 18 with the State Information Commission.

 as per suggestion going to file complaints to SIC , pls inform whether original IPO or copy of IPO to be included along with RTI request and Cover letter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Do'nt you want information ?

Have you opened the  Rejected envelope ?

Please do not quote every time as it takes valuable space.

Answer to the queries.  If you are not interested in the information go for complaint to SIC and enclose such envelope.  IPO is not necessary.  The only proof necessary is the unopened/rejected envelope.  Even if you complain, take it as usual and do not expect that SIC takes action against PIO, as PIO has many stories to tell and convince SIC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      119,471
    • Total Posts
      427,154
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy