Karnataka State Open University - Non issue of Degree Certificate and Transcripts

Fedup_Citizen
Go to solution Solved by Prasad GLN,

Question

Fedup_Citizen

Last year (2019), I had filled an RTI for KSOU (a friend of mine advised me), asking for the fees and procedures to get my degree and Transcripts with OnlineRTI.

They wrote/edited content as per my requirements and shared it with KSOU. Within 40 days, I got my response, and I was shared the appropriate documents and instructions.

With the help of 3rd party University Transcript Procurement services, I applied to KSOU for the same documents. I thought the service would FastTrack and make it more convenient for me to procure the documents.

Yesterday the 3rd party University Transcript Procurement services dropped me a mail that the University is not cooperating at all. Now its almost been a year (Current time), The university is not cooperating and has put my request on indefinite hold. I have sent an RTI again asking why the delay and the timeframe my degree certificate and transcripts will issue. I am not hopeful this time and no clue what to do now!

To give some background story:

I did my graduation in BSC Animation 2008 - 2011 via partner institute.

KSOU got derecognized in 2012 - 2014. for many fraud degrees and cases.

KSOU regained recognition in 2015.

Some people in my batch got a degree Certificate as soon the year ended, and the majority were still waiting.

We were notified that we would receive the degree at a much later date.

In 2012 the derecognition happened.

In 2019, I wanted to pursue further studies (Masters) and need my transcripts for ECA (WES) and my degree to proceed further, now because of this delay, my plans for further studies are delayed by a year.

Please ADVICE!

3 answers to this question

Fedup_Citizen

Go through Sec.19 of RTI Act and continue further process of first and second appeal as expeditiously as possible remembering time frame.

Wait for Information commissions' orders and if not satisfied go for Writ against University.

Contact a local advocate and issue a Notice under CP Act claiming huge damages for not providing you the transcript if they have collected such fees.

You can also explore possibility of filing writ mandamus in High Court after consulting your advocate.

Thank You sir.

I have been reading your replies, all over the forum. I will be proceeding with the same procedure.

I have one query regarding legal notice under CP Act...
Do I need to file at edaakhil portal for legal Notice under CP Act ?

Edited by Fedup_Citizen