Regarding Building related issues

Dr Joysanna Moraes

Question

Dr Joysanna Moraes

Hello 

This is in-regards to the building related issues that I’m facing as a resident. It’s a 3storey building, and I live on the 1st floor. Since last monsoons the roofing of the building is leaking since the building has completed almost 25years. And secondly the people living on 3rd floor, without asking permission with other residents did the roofing with steel sheets and caused damage to the roof while putting those sheets. As a results the roof has cracked, and it’s leaking from the 3rd floor to 2nd floor and from 2nd floor to our floor (1st floor) in the monsoons. No one lives on 2nd floor, when I contacted the owner of the 2nd floor he seems not to be interested and also the 3rd floor residents are ignorant about it, and living culture less. So how can i solve this issue legally, and with everyone getting involved  in it  since it’s will cost a lot for the repair work. 
also to mention you, our building doesn’t have a society. 

regards 

Dr Joy 

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Dr.  Saab,

You have come to a wrong clinic.

This forum is dedicated for seeking information from public authorities under RTI Act.

The issues posted by you are personal issues in between owners.

The matter is sensitive as infighting among owners on condition of such building may bring in Corporation interference and if the corporation deputes their officials and they find that the building is unfit for residences , they may even order for demolition  etc.,

Contact a local advocate and do not kill the snake or break the stick but find a remedy so that every one can live peacefully. (Rainy season almost over monsoon turned it's back a month ago)