To get return my certificate from college connected to vtu University

Presten Elton Dsouza

Question

Presten Elton Dsouza

To get return my certificate and marks card from vtu University connect to Sri devi college trust.. Not giving my certificate because I dropouts mca course in second semester.... Because of financial reasons and it was taught to me so I quit .. But college is asking money to pay 70k even after I quit this is not fair, dropout the college... My family is unable to pay my fees 

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

There are two issues involved.

1.As per law you are bound to pay entire course fee, as the seat vacated by you can not be filled with another student during the course, and your fees not paid is a loss to the Institution.  They can proceed legally to recover such unpaid fees or can stop TC.

2.At the same time They can not stop returning the original documents.  If they refuse to return documents, their recognition will be cancelled and the AICTE/UGC/HRD directives are there asking colleges not to refuse such certificates.

3.Search in the forum as we have provided such format  notices and such copy of directives in  past queries.

The following is the link and you can get directives in that post as link and a format of notice to college.  Make suitable changes of your college name/course etc.

Edited by Prasad GLN

1. Retaining documents is not as per rules of AICTE and UGC. search on internet about these rules.

2. There are some rules regarding fee which may favor you. Search these rules also.