Bank claims my formal application is not on file. Can I ask them what steps they have taken to find the application?

alphaalpha

Question

alphaalpha

I have been facing extreme hardship from my bank where certain officials have been trying to defraud me of my property.  They held a fraudulent auction which has since been set aside by the Tribunal.  I had filed for copy of my formal RBI and BCSBI (Banking Code and Standards Board of India) mandated filled in Application on their file. The Bank responded that the application was not in their file! Furthermore, they had taken a letter that I had written them regarding disbursement of loan, scrawled "Application" on it, and sent that in response to my application request.  

Since my formal Application is a cause precedent for their approving my loan, and I did not know why they claim it is not on file, I wrote to them for information regarding the steps they had taken to locate the Application, including if they could procure it from their electronic backup.  The following was the PIO responded in this manner:

"We have already informed to you that the bank is in possession of hand written application form submitted by you with your own handwriting.  It was also brought to your notice that the bank is not having any printed application form.  Under the right to informtion Act you cannot ask what steps the bank has taken to locate printed application form as alleged by you. When the bank is not in possession of printed application form, the question of taking steps to locate the same document does not arise. Therefore the information sought by you does not come within the purview of the definition of information as enshrined in the right to information act.  hence your application is devoid of merits and hereby rejected.”

The Application they are referring to is merely a letter asking for disbursal!  For strange reason the PIO has been denying pretty much all my RTI requests in a frivolous and dismissive manner. 

When an Application for a high value loan is missing, it is reasonable to think that the Bank would take steps to locate the same.  Or in the very least they could claim that no steps have been taken. The above response is strange where they want to pass off a routine letter from me as the Application!  From a previous RTI request, I have a blank copy of the formal Application, but not the one the bank took from me.  

Would someone please help me frame my Appeal to the FAA.  That is if you believe that I even have the right to the above information.  

Thank you very much.  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet