Requested Project Report submitted by me to bank, bank replied it is not with them, what can I do?

alphaalpha

Question

alphaalpha

I have been facing an uphill task with my bank where I had availed of a loan.  Through RTI I am learning that at least a few of the documents have been missing from their files.  Either that, or the bank is unwilling to grant me access to the same. The latest is my request of my own Project Report that was submitted for approval of my loan.  I wanted to verify if it was tampered with.  Here is the response that I received:

“We have perused the records submitted by the migrating branch and the signed project report is not on our record”. 

Is the above even possible?  Already the bank had reported that my formal filled in Application is not on their file, and now this.  Could I appeal the above from the PIO to the FAA?  How can I frame my appeal?

Thank you, and I am grateful for any input. 

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Before resorting to RTI, always consider the logical conclusion with that information.   When a loan was sanctioned, utilized and gone to non performing status, I do not understand the value of project report, and the logical conclusion you wish to bring out from such project report.

Project report is just a document presented by you, and the valuable source of information is process notes prepared for sanctioning that project and that is the key document.

Never go for trivial issues under RTI, as it distracts your attention and always focus on MAIN ISSUE alone.

RTI is a vexatious journey and  when all doors are closed and if it is the only road, then only travel in that way if it really leads you to your destination really.  

alphaalpha
18 hours ago, Sunil Ahya said:

Please refer to the blog on the following link:

http://jps50.blogspot.com/2009/01/missinguntraceable-records.html

Thank you so very much sir!  I will file both the appeal to the FAA on this issue, as well as a fresh RTI in the format given by Shri J.P.Shah in his blog.  Appreciate all the help I am getting in this forum!

alphaalpha
17 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

Before resorting to RTI, always consider the logical conclusion with that information.   When a loan was sanctioned, utilized and gone to non performing status, I do not understand the value of project report, and the logical conclusion you wish to bring out from such project report.

Project report is just a document presented by you, and the valuable source of information is process notes prepared for sanctioning that project and that is the key document.

Never go for trivial issues under RTI, as it distracts your attention and always focus on MAIN ISSUE alone.

RTI is a vexatious journey and  when all doors are closed and if it is the only road, then only travel in that way if it really leads you to your destination really.  

Sir:

I am not asking for Project Report in order to frustrate them with needless request for information.  It is just that critical documents that form the precursor to sanction of loan have been acknowledged by the bank to not exist on their files.  What is more since (for instance) in the case of my approval drawings, they have only part drawings (approval was done in two phases) and they filed an affidavit in court that the upper floors are illegal.  
I would like to ensure that all needed documents are there on file, and that there has not been any doctoring of the submitted documents.  
The above is not any paranoia on my part but based on well founded concerns.  When the bank was ordered to produce the bid sheet of the last auction which reflects details of the bids, amount, mode of payment, and issuance of 'sale confirmation' and 'sale certificate'.  The bank produced a photocopy of this bid sheet with the last line covered up and photocopied such that it would not come to light that the sale certificate was issued to their client before receipt of full payment!  
Thanks ONLY to this portal, and the RTI application the bank provided me the complete bid sheet and the truth about the manipulation came out and the auction was set aside!  
Apologize for the long winded response from my side.  It feels good to even talk about these things on this forum!