CPIO citing inter-state travel restrictions due to COVID

manjun_papanna

Question

manjun_papanna

Sir, As per the Decision of IC, CPIO&FAA held hearing in the month of January 2020 and submitted report of the same to IC and copy to me stating that as much as available information shall be provided to applicant by Mid march 2020. 

Mid March I received a e-mail message that due to COVID outbreak, the information shall be provided by end of March 2020 inspite that Govt bodies were functioning normally till March 26. As I understand the covid situation I also accepted and did not follow-up till October 2020. 

While checking with the CPIO again first of week of October, the same reason being repeated by CPIO. Inspite of unlock-5/6 etc... are in force where travel restrictions have been lifted, the FAA giving travel restrictions as a reason. Infact, in this case, CPIO has to travel to different state(project site) to collect the details. Please suggest me how to approach the case so as to get the information earliest. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

When IC delivered a decision the non compliance complaint to same IC is the only solution.   State your efforts and file non compliance of IC decision, after all providing of information is also their duty and statutory obligation, which can not be neglected and must receive priority as information is linked to fixed time frame of maximum 30 days.

manjun_papanna

Thank you sir. I sent a letter of non-compliance to CPIO and next day I received major portion of Information by Email as attachment.