Is RTI allowed on Status of Grievance letters/ Complaint Letters to Government Department / CPSEs

Rajashekara Sharma N P

Question

Rajashekara Sharma N P

RTI Support from www.rtiindia.org

I am a retired executive from ECIL-CPSE under Department of Atomic Energy. We are denied retiral benefits by ECIL though recommended by DPE as part of Revision of Pay Scales -2007. Though courts have given rulings in our favour , the company uses its financial state power   to appeal further thereby delaying justice inordinately.

I raised several RTI queries against both ECIL and their Administrative Ministry –DAE and DPE who issues Guidelines for effective functioning of CPSEs.   CIC ,against my Second appeal against ECIL , passed strictures during the year  2016   and against DAE during May this year.

Recently  I wrote many letters to DAE  complaining about injustice meted out to  ECIL executives 2017- Revision of Pay Scales , not launching Superannuation Pension since 2007  notwithstanding falsely declaring Compliance to DPE Guidelines and Presidential Directives.  I also complained to Controller & Auditor General (CAG) about non-compliance to Corporate Governance by ECIL. In general, I do not really know what actions are being taken on such letters. These letters of complaint are sent through email followed by speedpost. I have maintained the complete records.

Kindly clarify whether I can raise RTI on CAG, ECIL and DAE on status of my complaints/ grievance letters with  proof of email and postal letters, requesting  them to furnish notings from the decision making officers/executives, Directors.

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Definitely YES without a doubt as the objective of RT is 'Transparency" and "Accountability" in Government action.  Search in blogs and you can find a very harsh . powerful RTI  sample application that can bring shivers in PIOs.

Please open the following link for sample forms, make modifications , improve and give the forum a feed back

https://righttoinformation.wiki/guide/applicant/application/sample/grievancesstatus