No response to second appeal filed before SIC, BHOPAL

Prashant Panjwani

Question

Prashant Panjwani

I've filed a second appeal before SIC, BHOPAL. Since the information required was urgent in nature, an application for urgent hearing was also filed. It has been about 30 days and I've got no response. I tried calling the telephone no. provided in the website, no one is receiving the phone. Please suggest any other way to get appeal no. and other relevant information.

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Except making such representations through fax and internet there is no other way, though there are some cases where some appellants went to HC and sought their directions to SIC for expediting the decision considering urgency and importance of that information.  Contact HC advocate and record all your efforts in making others understand the urgency.  Every appellant considers his case as urgent/important and law has not given any provision for such expediting hearing.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

I am not sure if the Information Commissions have a procedure whereby appeals and complaints are heard urgently and out of turn. To the best of my knowledge, any appeal or complaint will be heard in a queue of pending appeals and complaints.

First you may try calling up again and if the matter is urgent and if it is possible, I would suggest you pay a personal visit to the concerned Commission.

You may also try and get in touch with a Madhya Pradesh RTI group on the following link, to see if they can help you in the matter:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3634280053300237&set=a.143937435667867

Prasad GLN

There was one instance  known to me where Karnataka HC directed KSIC to dispose such appeal within 90 days in view of the urgency/importance in that specific case.  HC has vast powers and if they deem fit, that their involvement is required, they may direct SIC.

The priority now is restricted to Senior citizens, and for individuals having special abilities.(PH)

Edited by Prasad GLN