Highway Illegal Eviction

Ganapathy Palanivelu

Question

Ganapathy Palanivelu

We are residing in a particular Survey No along National Highway and there is a planned eviction of encroachments along the NH. Before the eviction is done wanted to confirm if my house is within the limits of NH. Also wanted to confirm if the Revenue Dept and Highways dept have 2 different plans (contradictory), 1 in which our house is not within NH limits and the other is. Also to know which year plan is authentic as some changes have been made in recent past to the plan without following due process.

I have the below questions:

1. Should I send 2 RTI applications asking for the records from both the depts seperately?

2. Can it be requested under the "Life or Liberty" clause as we dont have enough time before Govt action?

Are the below questions/format ok?

To

The Public Information Officer
Office of the Taluka Inspector of Land Records OR
………… Tahasil Office
……………(Full address)
PIN Code………….

Sub: Request for information under Section-6(1) of RTI Act.

Sir,

Please supply me the following information in respect of following Land detailed below:

Details of Land

Name of Village. …………………
Survey Number ………………

Particulars of information required

[1] Certified copy of the Record of Rights (Form-VII-XII) of survey number 360 (from 1950 till date)
[2] Certified copy of the Map or plan of survey number 360 (from 1950 till date)

Application Fee of Rs 10/- is remitted as under

[a] Pasted Court Fee Stamp for Rs10/.

After receipt of information under this application, I intend to carry out an actual inspection of records and obtain certified photocopies of records identified by me during the inspection. I may be permitted such inspection.

I may also be permitted to seek the assistance of one of my assistant/advocate/C.A. during the inspection, as I am not fully conversant with the language in which your records are maintained

Please send the information to my below address by Registered post.

Yours faithfully,

Signature
Name ………………
Address ……………
Pin Code ………

Date:

Edited by Ganapathy Palanivelu

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

First differentiate between those services that can be available for some fees from Govt and those public records available in the form of a material record with authorities.

It appears to me that the worry is about encroachments/ eviction.

You can seek such record under RTI from NHAI also seeking such rules of actual land acquired by them in your area

and from Revenue officer seeking specific information as follows:

a)Please provide the areas identified and the list of encroachments with such names for NH Road No.....Survey No.....in village no with such map to the scale showing NH limits and encroachments identified/marked.

3.I am sorry I do not find any need for using life or liberty clause for information on illegal encroachments.  You may use and let that PIO decide.

Edited by Prasad GLN