RTO pune delaying car re-registration/transfer process

sandeep.yadav83

Question

sandeep.yadav83

Hi 

I applied for RMA/RC Transfer for my car registered in Delhi to Pune RTO in Feb'20 and submitted all required documents along with the NOC obtained from Delhi RTO. Post lockdown I have visited the Pune RTO Thrice and each time they provide unnecessary reasons for not calculating the tax I have to pay to move the process and comple the re-registration of my car. Today when I went they told me that it's not cannot move forward as my insurance got expored in November'20. I have now given them a copy of my renewed insurance but not sure when I'll get the tax details. Earlier I have been given reasons like the individual who calculates tax is not available , sometime the RTO is not available.

Is there any way I can use RTI to seek Information on my application and what should I ask for.

Any Information on this issue would be highly appreciable.

Sandeep

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

You ought to have chosen RTI way in the beginning.

Search website of Pune RTO and file RTI Application on line  seeking information as follows: 

Information solicited:

1.Please provide  Road tax payable in Maharshtra for four wheeler personal/private vehicle .. Date of Registration at Delhi .....Road tax at Delhi Paid........  NOC submitted from Delhi on........

2.Please provide time frame fixed under citizen charter for collecting such taxes from date of receipt of application by RTO...

3.Please provide specific reason for abnormal delay for collecting road tax for application filed on...........with all documents.

2.Also issue simple  notice under CP Act (Local Speed post) as follows:

To

RTO

Pune.

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT dt.....

1.The complainant has on............filed prescribed application and submitted all documents for completing the transfer from Delhi to Maharashtra for Vehicle No.........(Description of vehicle)

2.The demand for collection of Road tax was not informed till today.

3.In view of the delay, the complainant could not get refund of such tax from Delhi even after NOC dt......for....months.

4/Please note that there is inordinate delay, negligence and deficiency of service by RTO who has failed to offer such services for .....months.   The complainant was subjected to harassment as complainant was made from pillar to post for payment of appropriate tax.

5.Please note that if such road tax was not demanded and collected with such transfer within 15 days from receipt of this letter, the complainant will be constrained to file complaint before Consumer forum demanding costs for several visits, and compensation for harassment 

Sd...............

Complainant

Full address including mobile No.  and email address.