Without prior intimation issued charge sheet regarding

M.A.Azeem

Question

M.A.Azeem

I am TSRTC employee I had applied for two days leaves on 16/12/2020 and 17/12/2020 on 14/12/2020 with perior intimation to concern duty booking (ADC) and droped my leave letter in leave box, and same leave letter email to depot manager.

After applying leaves with perior intimations to authority issued charge sheet against me for absent on 17 /12/2020 and provided me charge sheet after completion of muster roll.

In TSRTC muster roll period for employees is  from 17/12/2020 to 16/01/ 2021

I received charge sheet from the depot authority on 19/01/2021 after completion of muster roll.

I want to know that without any perior intimation to employee depot authority can provide charge sheet without any suitable reason and relevant documents.

The depot authority wantedly issued charge sheet against me now I need suggestions under RTI act for charge sheet reply.

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Focus on issue, as RTI is not panacea.  Reply with facts and try to solve the issue in the bud without complicating it with extended correspondence of RTI.  The basic rule is that the leave rejection should be communicated to the concerned employee in writing in advance.  A three or four sentence short reply is enough and unions are for these purposes collecting levy in addition to monthly subscription.  Please do not use RTI for every thing, and I am afraid that your past RTI applications may be one that is instrumental in causing these issues.  Simply for rejection of leave, they are not going to cut any employee's head or pay, at the most they may not pay salary if only the explanation is not satisfactory.  That is all and remember, once again that the reasons for such leave plays more important role.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

You had applied for the leave, but was that application for leave sanctioned by the concerned official? What are the rules and procedure regarding application and sanction of leaves? Maybe RTI can help you get a copy of these rules which in turn can help you understand how to reply to the charge sheet by citing the relevant rules of procedure.

Prasad GLN

Members are aware that you are a regular member and tackled more complicated situations yourself in the past, and you have just posted the query as a routine, and you might have already decided on your plan of action.  If you have tackled the situation in RTI way, please do post your story, so that those who may require in future may get some clues through your experience.