Bill payment query

Raje1974

Question

Raje1974

Our area AE is collecting electricty bills vide  Gpay (Personal mobile number). I would like to know whether this is permissible mode of payment of EB bills.Would like to know  how the amount collected vide Gpay is accounted  by the AE in ledger. Drafting help solicited

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

You can file RTI Application to State Public Information Officer of the Electricity Board/Corporation/Dept., and can seek information as follows:

1.Please provide the acceptable modes of Electricity bills amount.

2.Inform the controlling measures adopted for proper accounting and to avoid misappropriation.

3.Please inform the issues if any faced in accounting through G Pay and the process for accounting the same in revenue.

Raje1974

Thank you Sir. Sorry for not making the issue clear.

The AE collects EB bills vide google pay to her personal bank account.She remits the consumer bill amount to their account vide cash or some other unknown accounting ways. Do I need to rephrase the query? Please advice

Edited by Raje1974
Prasad GLN

Then it becomes a complaint, as it is against the practice.

In some cases, to facilitate consumers AE may follow the procedure.  In my own case, there was a deficiency in carrying out a standing instruction by my bank, I was away and when the AE has come for collecting arrears my wife has prepared to pay the amount, but she was asked to pay either on line or in their counter, and she is not acquainted with the process.  Then AE himself collected the amount, paid through his account to Electricity dept., and shown the screen message that amount was received by the dept.,

First make sure the intentions of such AE and mostly the intention may be to help the consumers.