May has PIO official will share RTI details with opposite party?.

shantathambudu

Question

shantathambudu

My Name was in Property Tax very recently my name has removed from Property Tax without my knowledge. Then I put RTI to concern Departmet, later they have added my name in property tax. My brothers did it now they are trying to make police complaints with my mother.

Will Police Make any question to me which matter is already in First Appeal.

If any matter under RTI ACT will court or Police Department may have rights to question the RTI Applicant or they have full rights involve this matter.

If they may involve this matter what should I do?.

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Be assured that action under RTI can only be taken only as per remedies stated in RTI Act under Sec.23 and IC is the only authority.

However, if you have used fake documents or resorted to illegal practices while mutating the joint family undivided property in your name, then depending on such fake documents, only against such written complaint, police may register the complaint against you for such fraudulent actions on municipality.

You are only aware as to whether you have got the property mutation as per laid down procedure by submitting genuine documents.

Also understand that mere mutation in one of the co-sharer can neither bring good title nor remove others title and Title always hold good.

At the most, it may help you in establishing possession as evidence, and even in such case, your status is a trustee for all co-sharers and not absolute owner.

You are silent on the reply received from Public Information officer.  You can get all such documents from the authority basing on which they have changed names.

Edited by Prasad GLN
shantathambudu

My father(late) added all family member name on house document (say property tax bill), later my mother and my first sister had removed my name and an another sister name without our knowledge and then they were trying to sell the property without informing us.

Then we sent RTI to Municipal Corporation stating that how do you remove our name without our knowledge?, who signed our sign behalf of us.

Then the PIO has my and my sister name on property tax and sent the copy by WhatsApp.

Now my first sister and mother harassing us that we go and complaint into police station that we will make against against you that we are creating problems to sell the property.

Now, the Police are right to accept their complaint? Which mater is already in first Appeal?.

Prasad GLN

"Now, the Police are right to accept their complaint? Which mater is already in first Appeal?."

Please go through reply in entire.  Members are not aware as to whether such complaints can be accepted or not, and generally, it is NEVER in civil disputes where there is no criminal element.  Specific to RTI, they can never interfere.