Public sector bank TA bill issue

Indupriya3110

Question

Indupriya3110

I am a cashier in one of the PSBs, I went for cash remittance to our nearest currency chest, which is nearly 9 KM from my branch, for receiving cash, I sent TA bill to my zonal office claiming half day batta, they have rejected the bill stating that more than 4 hours only half day batta can be claimed. Now I was to know, whether I can claim half day batta for this or not? If no means why?, Kindly help me 

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

The earlier precedents holds good.  That means that cash remittance from your branch to other or from them to you may not be first one.  You can discuss about this with your Branch Secretary and later with staff union.  The batta depends on the actual journey time, mode of journey and you must have accompanied with another staff member also and his claim.  If the remittance is by a vehicle the journey time is less than 2 hours maximum, and the distance has to be measured not in between actual distance of branches, but from  your Bus station  to the other remittance station.  This is a simple issue and RTI is not needed to get clarification from any local staff and from BPS handbook provided by Unions to their comrades.  The rules must have been uploaded by IBA and you can get clarification in reading the rules and may represent to Management through your central/state union for a remedy.