Correct PIO to file RTI

vijju123

Question

vijju123

Hi, 

I want to take order copy of revenue court from Tahsil. We don't have facility to file online RTI in my state. So I can only file offline RTI. I don't know where to send my RTI application, to tahsildar Or collector

It would be appreciate if someone can guide to chose correct PIO in my case? 

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

You can file RTI Application to State Public Information Officer, of the concerned Tehasildar Office.

Write on Regd. Post Envelope The Tehasildar,.................and in the envelope  keep Application under RTI in specified format seeking  such certified copy of such order providing details of such Revenue Court.  The RTI Act has taken care of such needs of citizens.  You can affix adhesive court fee stamp of Rs.10/- on application.   Search website of Tehasildar office or Collectorate website for more details of filing application and prescribed fees.

Whoever receives must endorse that application within same public authority immediately and in case if it is available in material form with a different public authority like Collector they have to transfer such application under intimation to applicant.  Please go through Sec.6 of RTI Act (available in this forum under tab "Guide")

When the Act is clear without ambiguity, you can file RTI Application through hard copy and rest assured that you will get such certified copy that is available in material form any where with any public authority by filing RTI Application to the source known to you.  (invariably provide details).