Jump to content
  • 0

India Post PPF account related issue

Kris Prasad


Kris Prasad

Respected members,
1. Holding PPF account with India Post from 2008. India post issued physical passbook for the same.

2. Made deposit of Rs.5000 on 24-03-2008. This entry is manually entered in passbook. However against old RTI submitted in 2015, concerned Post office confirmed that entry made in Sanchay Post but not in Finacle and post office has taken up with CPC Mumbai for resolution.

3. However after submitting 1st appeal, India Post office replied stating that said entry was considered (but never shown in statement of account) and interest for 2011-12 incorrectly paid with excess amount of Rs.5000/

4. Now India Post has frozen the account and not allowing to withdraw the amount. However they are allowing deposits in the account.

5. In the physical passbook, they made several changes in entries and it has became a total mess.

6. Kindly guide to include / omit any points to submit fresh RTI in which I need following information or more information which I can get from India Post.

a) Account statement from the first deposit date showing amount deposited, interest rate applicable, interest amount paid & total amount in the PPF account after each entry of deposit i.e. contribution or interest deposited since I never did any withdrawal from this PPF account.

b) Correspondence between India Post various offices and auditor report related with 1st RTI complaint in which they asked support from CPC Mumbai for correcting the entries in Finacle.

c) Reasons for freezing the account.

d) Audit report for the PPF account.

e) Scanned copy of manual entries in Sanchay post till the time.



Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Prasad GLN

The solicited information is proper and adequate.   Seek information and then come back if you fail to get satisfactory information.  You can use Notice through Advocate under CP Act simultaneously to build up pressure, and definitely there is deficiency of service and may be a malpractice also.

What ultimately depositor requires is suitable remedy and proper accounting of his hard earned money.  Through RTI depositor can get information and ultimate remedy is through CP Act only.  So use both the rights at the same time.

Edited by Prasad GLN
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Kris Prasad

Thank you for the confirmation and guidance. Submitted RTI with few more details.
Will share details after getting reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy