Adjustment of SR tenure for the promotion of professor post in medical college

Dr AK Jain

Question

Dr AK Jain

I had worked as SR in recognized medical college for 2 and half years since Dec 2013. presently working as associate professor in a recognized medical college. As per new Gazzette the SR period required is only one year for both MD/MS or DNB candidates. I would like to know that my extra one and half years tenure of SR will e considered for professor promotion as I am completing total 8 years of teaching experience in medical college. 

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

This forum is dedicated for guiding citizens for seeking information under RTI Act.

You can file simple application before Public Information Officer that issued the gazette notification and can seek the information.  You can search in their website for format of application and pay Rs.10/- as RTI fee in prescribed mode of that authority.  You can seek information as follows.

Subject of Information required:

i)Gazette Notification No............dt.....................SR Period required is only one year for both MD/MS or DNB candidates.

ii) Applicant worked as SR in.............................Medical college (Recognised) at ................for    2 1/2 years  and now working as. Associate Profession in....................Medical College at..........................

Information solicited: Please provide me information as to whether extra one and half years tenure of SR will be considered for professor promotion as  applicant is  completing total 8 years of teaching experience in medical college. 

Edited by Prasad GLN