Where to send RTI application for bank of Maharstra ?

vijju123

Question

vijju123

Hi, I want to file RTI for bank of maharstra so I have few questions

1. Where should I send the RTI application to the CPIO or SPIO? I think CPIO but not sure

2. Can anyone get a record of someone else's account through RTI. For example  I want a record of my uncle's account. Or I have to file the RTI in the name of my uncle

Thank you in advance for any help

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

1.RTI Application with such fee of Rs.10/  can be personally handed over at any of the Branch Manager of BOM branch, as every manager is designated as Asst. Public Information officer. You can ask  acknowledgment.

2.It is absolutely impossible to get such information of any customer from any bank.. Except to  their client and law enforcement authorities , banker can never provide any information of their customer  to third party as they are bound by statutes under "secrecy of Maintaining customer's account".

The banker can also provide such RTI Application for comments of your uncle before denial as he is supposed to seek comments of that third party.

If you file RTI in the name of your uncle, you are resorting to criminal offense, as any banker can easily identify the signature on RTI Application with that of your uncle's signature available in his system. 

If you forge his signature, it amounts to forgery and you will be booked for impersonation and forgery also.

Purchase a book on RTI Act printed in your mother tongue and go through Sec. 8 (1) and learn to seek information in larger public interest -that is available in the form of material with such public authority  and not exempted as per Sec. 8 (1)

Edited by Prasad GLN