Information seeking Name and Designation of officer denied

Raje1974

Question

Filed RTI  with CMDA seeking information about a Construction of  an Apartment , Basement + Stilt + 12 Floors by a builder.

PIO has provided information about FSI limit and denied information for the following query

Query 12

Inform me the name, designation and current posting address of officers and subordinate staff who verified the parameters of the construction of the building
specifically with respect to permissible FSI, Floor plan and structural strength of the existing building

PIO Reply: Information does not come under purview of RTI Act as per section 2f

Please advice on appeal

Screenshot from 2021-04-17 13-46-43.png

5 answers to this question

When occupation certificate is not being given by CMDA, there must be some other custodian of that information.  First get confirmation on custodian of the information and then seek copy of such inspection /recommended reports for giving occupancy certificate from that public authority.

Always use below lines while applying for RTI application, this helps you to make RTI Authority to transfer the application at required place which is unknown by you.

"If you feel that the requested information does not belong to your office, please follow the provisions of section 6 (3) of
RTI Act 2005 and Kindly also intimate me i.e Applicant through registered/Speed post to whom you are
forwarding/transferring my application as prescribes in RTI ACT 2005."

Seniors Please correct me if I am wrong. Just a suggestion I think it works lot to avoid time consumption.

@GL Prasad sir please enlighten us on this.

Honestly, I feel that an applicant should not teach PIO his statutory obligation.  There is only one section applicable to PIOs that states all his obligations, provide information, or deny information or  endorse/transfer application to custodian.  After 16 years, the presumption is that PIOs are aware of this obligation.