Data needed please

Anil166

Question

Anil166

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am Anil Mascarenhas, registered for my Phd in social work. I am working on the topic "Perceived Stress and Life Satisfaction among the Elderly Parents of Alcoholics who admitted in the De-Addiction centres  - A Study at Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka”.

So may i know how many Alcoholics admitted in the de-addiction centres every year atleast last five years in Mangalore Taluk.

Also what is the percentage every year grows in alcoholic users in Mangalore

Thank you 

with a grateful heart

Anil Mascarenhas

2 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Yes.  Seeking a mere number is not invasion on privacy of individuals.  The only possibility is you can get that information from Public Authorities and not from those running by voluntary agencies.  Though private institutions are not within ambit of RTI Act, the presumption is that those agencies may also get covered if they are receiving some kind of financial institutions.  So first identify the custodian of the information.   There is larger public interest involved as the data may help Govt in formulating policies are opening more de -addiction centers.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

You will have to identify the Public Authorities where this kind of documents containing such collated data is likely to be available. Maybe you can begin your journey by filing a RTI application with the Public Information Officer (PIO) of the health department of the concerned State.

Description of Information Required:

Please provide a photocopy of the document where has been noted the following information:

1. The total number of .....

2. Likewise frame your further queries .....