Certified copy failed transaction

Raje1974

Question

Raje1974

I had applied for Certified copy of  Registration of our Resident  Association vide online TNREGINET Portal. During the application process,amount of rs 350 was credited from my account and transaction id and other details were displayed on screen. When I clicked Download Acknowledgement link, it throwed some server error. SRO office asked me to apply again the next day and acknowledgement was generated. SRO office  called me and stated that online application of certified copy is only for  deeds registered with SRO office,whereas associations are registered with DR  office. Certified copy  vide only offline available for DR office. I asked for the refund procedure.They said you cant get a refund.It your mistake you should have called us and then applied online. There is no such notification in the portal also

I would like to the notification/orders stating that online CC is available for CC office only and Refund cannot be processed when u applied incorrectly.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application to SRO office and seek information as follows:

information solicited:  Please provide me certified copy of order/notification/circular stating that payment received by mistake by the dept., can not be processed and refunded to the citizen.  (as this amounts to unlawful gains encashing a mistake and is also against constitution to enrich with wrong payments received)

You can explore the possibility of allocating this amount to the needy and get that amount refund from the needy applicant through cash, if only SRO office can help in rectifying the mistake and really help you.