Disclosure of names

sstrust

Question

sstrust

I have requested details with MINISTRY OF HOME regarding the number of people in India the security being provided.

The authorities has given reply the number of people GOI providing security under various categories z z y y x 

But refused to provide the name of the persons to whom the security being provided by informing under different section it is the matter of  security the same cannot be disclosed.

Also, refused to provide the budget for the same by citing various reasons.

Please advice

Srinivas

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Unless the CPIO has provided you the exact sub clause in  8 (1) and justification for applying the justification, you can not get guidance on preparing for further first appeal.  Mere stating a name to whom security is offered is not invading on privacy at any stretch of imagination.  The budgeted amount is a public record and can not be denied.  Depending on such denial reason, you can search in our blogs and you can get full explanations and more details with citation.  The blogs are having "Mine" of information, you can download the relevant one and treasure it for further appeals.

Please go for further first appeal as I have not come across any such instance where disclosing the name as invasion on privacy .(Except Witness in crucial case where life is at risk if name is disclosed)

Prasad GLN

To me it appears that denial is justified, as such information was furnished by Intelligence and security organizations belonging to second Schedule to Home dept., and not related to corruption/Human rights violation, using such exemptions under Sec.8 (1) is not necessary by CPIO.  You may continue your efforts if you wanted to learn more RTI.