About 8 1j RTI act

sunny bhardwaj

I am  an engineer in jal shakti vibhag himachal pradesh. i have received a RTI application in my office in which applicant Mr. Ram prashad seeking information as under: 

1. Is there any water connection with name of Mr. Deshraj in your office.

2. detail of water connections given by your department till date to all consumer with your sub division jurisdiction.

for point 1 - i think this is personal detail of any individual we shouldn’t supply to applicant, is this right or wrong decision?

for point 2 - i think information may supply if applicant seek information year wise, is this wrong or right decision?

Shrawan
This post was recognized by Shrawan!

Prasad GLN was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

Members can not guide on riddles.

A PIO has either to provide that information available as material form in his records or deny information stating such clause in exemption under Sec.8 (1) with justification.

The applicant has to provide basic reference like House No   , Assessment No.....Ward No.

Go for first appeal as providing either YES or No, and stating such tax paid to Municipality year wise since connection are not personal information at any stretch of wild imagination.

The query is itself not proper.  Please focus on real information alone for a particular period stating such year in specific. If they have list of total connections provided as a list in that format in that year, they must provide that list.

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 6:49 PM, sunny bhardwaj said:

I am  an engineer in jal shakti vibhag himachal pradesh. i have received a RTI application in my office in which applicant Mr. Ram prashad seeking information as under: 

1. Is there any water connection with name of Mr. Deshraj in your office.

2. detail of water connections given by your department till date to all consumer with your sub division jurisdiction.

for point 1 - i think this is personal detail of any individual we shouldn’t supply to applicant, is this right or wrong decision?

for point 2 - i think information may supply if applicant seek information year wise, is this wrong or right decision?

Dear Bhardwaj, 

According the provisions of RTI Act. In my view, In case of Information asked from CPIO / SPIO is connected with third party, a notice stating the content of RTI (hiding the personal details of applicant)  to third party may be sent seeking the consent that why the information asked through the RTI information shall not supply to the applicant.  Refusal of Application by SPIO / CPIO on subject may consider as unlawful disposal of RTI application. 

Regards

Dinesh /// 7015176231