What do think on sending a Copy to PIO when filing 1st Appeal Or 2nd Appeal

afzalphatan

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Sir,

What is the outcome of filing complaint Section 18 of RTI act ??

I once filed complaint under section 18(1) to SIC for providing incomplete information by PIO. 

I sought relief from SIC to direct PIO to provide complete information and to take action against PIO for purposefully providing incomplete info... But SIC in reply sent a notice that, I cannot ask for information under Sec 18(1), but can rather only complaint ( they quoted some supreme court order as ref ).

Then whats the point in complaining under Sec 18... is it of any use... do SIC take any strict action against PIO??

To my knowledge Sec.18 was made useless in implementation, when the SC declared that an applicant has got only right to information, and he can pray for action against PIO and it is the discretion of IC and appellant has no right to question the discretionary powers of the IC.

Under Sec.18 only complaint is possible and appellant can not pray for directions to PIO for providing information.

Second appeal entitles for all the reliefs including providing of information.

Proceeding against PIO by IC is very rare and I do not think that not even in 1% of such prayers were granted by  IC.  Infact there was no such follow up procedure for recovering that penalty.  IC can only recommend for disciplinary action and once again the discretion of Disciplinary Authority steps in  and I have not heard of any such serious action, at the most there may be a simple warning or repriamand in serious cases.

Most shocking deficiency in the Act is that there is no role of FAA for any action for his deficiencies . IC can not even comment and in some cases, those comments were even withdrawn by courts as there is no responsibility to FAA in RTI.