PR card name change work not done from last 5 years

Lonely_Warrior

Question

I had given application for name change of our house/plot on PR card. Name change by registered sale-buy deed. I given it in city survey dept. Of collector office nearly 5 years ago, due to lack of knowledge I had not taken note of the application number and now application receipt also lost.  

When enquired they saying it is in progress, near to completion.. but they saying this from last 2 years...

So I want to know what is happening with my given "name change on PR card" application..

so now I want to use RTI for this, so plz guide me what and how to ask questions in it...

Edited by Lonely_Boy

9 answers to this question

^^^ Sir, I have read all you replys with understanding....  and instead get angry, I am trying to apply your advices in my next moves...

All this as, you are aware, and it was specifically advised to address it to custodian of information: Authority in Tehasildar Office, but you take your own decisions to send it to authority as you like, even when advised that it is not the correct procedure.

that PR card govt. office is situated in main building of collector office., so I thought it directly comes under collector office. Later I understand that it comes under revenue dept.

Please search website of the Authority in Tehasildar Office (Surveyor is attached to Tehasildar, and file RTI Application as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please inform the date of application filed for Name Change (mutation) with such fees on Property No....................at............................with all relevant documents.

2.Please provide the time frame fixed for completion of such survey and mutation after receiving such documents from applicant as per Citizen Charter.

3.Please inform present status, reminders received and the reasons for abnormal delay amounting to deficiency of services after collecting fees.

4.Please inform Name of the responsible officer, name of father, age, designation and address for filing complaint in Consumer Grievance forum for deficiency of service and harassment.

Posted (edited)

I had sent this rti by registered post ,, but it is came back to me giving reason insufficient address...

I had written address like this-

To

The state public information officer

Collector office , [city name]

[Full address including  road name where it is situated, survey number, city name, pin code]

Address is fully correct.. but then don't know why it is returned with reason insufficient address

And envelop is been torn from one side ( from where we puts letter inside ) and stapled again to close it... means they might have read it and then again putted into envelop

Edited by Lonely_Warrior

Please inform the correct query, with full details as to whether your PR Card name change to Tehasildar and refusal of such postal envelope by Collector, as members are not having any clarity in the issue, and also provide to whom RTI is  relevant.(Tehasildar office)

However for your ready information, the SPIO  of Collector can not reject the information.

It is the postal department that has returned the application with reason "insufficient address" and not SPIO of Collector Office.  There is no role by SPIO as he has never received any envelope.  Hence the query is not related to RTI for which this forum is dedicated.

The deficiency is of Postal Dept.  It is a serious negligence of postal dept., as they have collected such postal charges but returned the same with frivolous reason, as the address of the collector must be known to Central Government Postal dept., and the envelope was accepted with such address.  

First search indiapost website, and download the transaction status on the basis of Registered No.

Download the screen shot that shows every destination from date and time of receipt to delivering back to you.

File online complaint/grievance in pgrms online portal.

If you have time issue a notice to the Post Master that received the envelope  from you.

NOTICE UNDER CP ACT

The post Master,

The complainant .............................s/o....................aged..........years, residing at........................issue a notice as under for deficiency of services.

1. This complainant has paid Rs..................and handed over an envelope for delivery to The District Collector.  As such the complainant is consumer under CP Act.

2.The copy of such receipt, the status of the journey of the envelope is enclosed.

3.Any delivery office in Postal dept of Pin Code No...................., being a Central Govt employee is bound to know  the address of District Collector within his jurisdiction.

4.The envelope was returned with reason "Insufficient address" back to sender on.................

5.As there is negligence, serious deficiency of service after collecting such prescribed fee, this notice is being issued demanding Rs.5,000/- compensation, return of fees collected for harassment within 15 days as such rejection in the past was ruled as deficiency of services by Consumer Forums.

Complainant

Wait for a month and then file on line complaint in the   The DIstrict  Consumer Forum with the same contents as above, enclosing original envelope, postal receipt, postal receipt of notice issued above with such service proof and transit statement downloaded.

(We can not offer any guidance for  your mere assumptions  that are difficult to prove like. who opened and when ( Quote:  End envelop is been torn from one side ( from where we puts letter inside ) and stapled again to close it... means they might have read it and then again putted into envelop "

Edited by Prasad GLN

Please inform the correct query, with full details as to whether your PR Card name change to Tehasildar and refusal of such postal envelope by Collector, as members are not having any clarity in the issue, and also provide to whom RTI is  relevant.(Tehasildar office)

Given PR card name change application to collector office 5 years ago, and now this rti is also sent to collector office,.. 

Posted (edited)

Do I need to mention Department/section in the collector office? this is related to revenue Department then I need to write like this below...????

To 

Pio

Revenue Department

Collector office, city name.....

Edited by Lonely_Warrior

Posted (edited)

As per tracking details, the envelop was posted at date 27 Dec, and then reached at collector office at date 28, at same date I got tracking status as 'delivered to address' and then got status as 'item delivery confirmed'

And after 2-3 days I am getting status as 'item returned insufficient address'

Edited by Lonely_Warrior

Please go through reply carefully, there is no proof with you that some one in Collector office received the same and returned to you, and while repeating guidance provide answers stated in reply you are referring

The postal department officially conveyed it to you that the envelope was not delivered to addressee SPIO,.  Your allegation against designated Govt official of some actions without any proof as to who opened and returned it makes you a false complainant and it is also a criminal offence as allegations are against Public Servant.

The problem is filing RTI Application, write full address after searching in the website of collector first.

Members can not guide you on your assumptions that SPIO may tear application and say only one white paper is there not RTI Application, that SPIO has torn the postal cover, read the contents and returned such postal envelope back to postman,  to write reasons "insufficient address" etc.  The applicants may be having many attitudes and in the same manner SPIOs may be having such attitudes, which are not to be answered in this forum.

In every reply to you, you are being advised to "FOCUS' on your issue and find out that remedy.  Making complaints against collector, against postal dept, against Tehasildar, against own relatives makes you really lonely and not as warrior.  A warrior should fight only against his enemy (issue) and not on women, children that are not part in your issue.

All this as, you are aware, and it was specifically advised to address it to custodian of information: Authority in Tehasildar Office, but you take your own decisions to send it to authority as you like, even when advised that it is not the correct procedure.  Even without opening the envelope the authorities by seeing name can guess what are the contents in the envelope as you are well acquainted with such complaints in the past.

Edited by Prasad GLN

Do not mix up things.- The advise is to focus on information and not on PIO who has not received your application as post office has failed to deliver your envelope and returned that envelope back to you.

Congratulations.  You have received that information which you required.

Edited by Prasad GLN