PIO has given vague answer.

rankine

Question

I had filed an RTI application. seeking information on the action taken on my complaint application. I had requested the following information.

1. If no action has been initiated as above, reasons on record be made known to me, with name, designation and contact details of controlling authority of these employees. [Ref: section 4.1.d of RTI Act]

2.Name, designation and address of Nodal Officer designated to receive and decide on notices under section 80 of CPC relating to your office.

3. Name, designation of head of vigilance department, his address, email ID and phone/mobile number to whom complaint can be lodged by me against your office.

4.Details of action taken by the controlling authority against erring employees, if employees have not adhered to time limit mentioned in rules.

5.Please permit me inspection of relevant records with assistant of my choice.

But PIO has given the same answer to each point. "Action is being taken in this regard."

Please guide me what else I could do with the help of RTI in this case.  So that my grievances will be resolved quickly and I will get proper justice.

Edited by rankine

3 answers to this question

FIRST APPEAL dt.7th Jan, 2022 under RTI Act.

Before:

Against

Appellant.

Brief facts: In reply to RTI Application dt............PIO has replied  vide ref: ..............dt............to each of the query same COPY PASTE INFORMATION "Action is being taken in this regard."

Grounds for appeal: As per Sec.7 (1) PIO has to either provide the information or deny information stating such clause in Sec. 8 (1) subsections with justification.

PIO has neither provided the information nor denied information as stipulated under RTI Act.

Hence the first appeal treating the information as deliberate and malafide denial as per several CIC decisions and HC judgments.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing the information free of cost as expeditiously as possible and for directions to permit inspection as solicited.

Appellant.

(Please upload the PIO response for better guidance)

7 hours ago, Prasad GLN said:

FIRST APPEAL dt.7th Jan, 2022 under RTI Act.

Before:

Against

Appellant.

Brief facts: In reply to RTI Application dt............PIO has replied  vide ref: ..............dt............to each of the query same COPY PASTE INFORMATION "Action is being taken in this regard."

Grounds for appeal: As per Sec.7 (1) PIO has to either provide the information or deny information stating such clause in Sec. 8 (1) subsections with justification.

PIO has neither provided the information nor denied information as stipulated under RTI Act.

Hence the first appeal treating the information as deliberate and malafide denial as per several CIC decisions and HC judgments.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing the information free of cost as expeditiously as possible and for directions to permit inspection as solicited.

Appellant.

(Please upload the PIO response for better guidance)

First of all thank you Prasad Sir for the reply. Only my concern is that my complaint application should be processed as soon as possible, He is still giving the same answer to the complaint filed a year ago that action is being taken. that's why, I would like to know the current status of the complaint by filing the RTI application. however, the PIO has replied that action is being taken on the relevant complaint application. The only information provided by the PIO is the entries in the office inward outward register of my complaint application. Would you please mention the relevant CIC decision and High Court judgments? so that I will mention that citation in my first appeal and my first appeal will stand firm. 

The PIO is bound to provide any information available  as a material record if such information is not exempted under RTI Act Sec. 8 (1 of sub clauses a to i.  These are the two sections important in RTI Act apart from Sec.18, Sec.19 & 20.

This is fundamental.  As PIO has not provided the information nor denied the information this action is not bonafide act when the statutory obligation is either to provide or reject stating such reason as stated in Sec8  justification.

First file appeal as applicant need not educate or enlighten those designated officials 16 years of RTI Act.  Applicant need not mention any citation for fundamentals.

During second appeal you can state such 100 decisions.  Do not use and waste your ammunition now and keep it reserve so that you can against delinquent during second appeal.

Edited by Prasad GLN