Field Inspection Reports

rtipatrol

Question

In effect 52 people including EB and public have died of electrocution  due to low sagging power lines and corroded electric poles . In 2021, TNEB office passed instructions as follows

“Field officials concerned should inspect their areas under their jurisdiction and rectification works should be carried out and ensure the vertical clearance as per the CEA norms. Also, all the corroded poles should be replaced, the loose sags and leaned poles should be set right immediately. Wherever stays are necessary, the same should be provided immediately,” it said, instructing the officials to complete all the works within 15 days and to submit reports once in three days. 

The instruction warned that if the works were not carried out as per instruction and any defects were noticed during inspection, then the concerned Superintendent Engineers of the distribution circles and Executive Engineers of the Operation and Maintenance would be held responsible."

Despite instructions and OM's, SE's have lackadaisical attitude in dealing such complaints and compromising the safety of public

When I sent an email about damaged electric poles with SE, instead of taking ownership of the issue , SE asked me to complain in person to the section office .I replied that since the concerned AE did not respond to my complaint, I've forwarded to SE. Again SE replied that never mention name of the AE in your complaints.Since you mentioned the name of the AE who did not take action on your complaint,I cannot direct the AE to address your complaint.I would like to seek copies of circulars instructing SE's to replace sagged lines and damaged electric poles within 15 days,number of field inspections carried out by the circle  to identify and replace damaged epoles and sagging overhead lines,no of poles replaced  and number of  reports submitted by SE to headquarters once in three days.  etc

7 answers to this question

Please be 'Brief" and post the precise query, as the focus on main issue gets diverted to others that are not relevant and all members may not have time and patience to read the entire query with links and facts in the Essay.

Inconvenience regretted

When I sent an email about damaged electric poles with SE, instead of taking ownership of the issue , SE asked me to complain in person to the section office .I replied that since the concerned AE did not respond to my complaint, I've forwarded to SE. Again SE replied that never mention name of the AE in your complaints.Since you mentioned the name of the AE who did not take action on your complaint,I cannot direct the AE to address your complaint.I would like to seek copies of circulars instructing SE's to replace sagged lines and damaged electric poles within 15 days,number of field inspections carried out by the circle  to identify and replace damaged epoles and sagging overhead lines,no of poles replaced  and number of  reports submitted by SE to headquarters once in three days.  etc

Sir

Please post actual RTI query and such denial as forum is dedicated only for RTI matters.

Sir,I would like to seek copies of circulars from EB headquarters instructing SE's to replace sagged lines and damaged electric poles ,number of field inspections carried out by the circle  to identify and replace damaged epoles and sagging overhead lines,no of poles replaced  and number of  reports submitted by SE to headquarters once in three days.  etc

Information solicited:  Please provide me the action taken as per laid down directives for replacing sagged lines, damaged electric poles, number of field inspection carried by circle to identify and replace damaged polices and sagging over head lines, no of polcs replace and no of reports submitted by SE to head quarters during the financial year 1-4-2020 to 2021 in..................circle

Thanks Sir.

I do not know the GO number for orders issued by headquarters to  circle offices to  expedite ,identify,replace and report damaged electric poles.Can I get the collection of GO's for past 3 yrs wrt to the damaged electric poles and sagging lines . I do not know the GO number

You have no where stated GO number and it is not necessary also, it is the duty of every dept. to take care of the citizens and prevent electricution.  No need to mention GO number as you have stated "as per laid down norms".