CRILIC report,OD freeze and RBI

Gurlovleen

Question

Sir ,I have a OD of Rs 10 lacs in my private ltd company Union Bank Account. ICICI Freezed my OD account stating that they received CRILIC report  from RBI stating that  I our company has aggregate exposure of Rs 5 crores (loans and OD and other )  This is false. We dont have loans on our pvt ltd company above 10lacs. Also RBI has stated that they received report from Union Bank that our company has got more than 5 Cr aggregate exposure,

Would like to seek copy of CRILIC report  sent to ICICI from RBI ,  Report submitted to RBI Union bank stating we have more than 5 Cr exposure. Please advice on drafting .OD freeze troubling our operations.

Edited by Gurlovleen

3 answers to this question

RTI is not ultimate solution and focus on speedier remedy.

First as it is your company as to whether there was really exposure of credit by multiple banks, and as to whether you have been providing only audited financial statements to your bank for availing or renewal .

If you are damn sure then- you can issue a Notice under CP Act immediately demanding the reasons in writing for freezing the operative account of a commercial company without any notice and if the assumption that exposure of Rs.5cr was true demand such record of RBI basing on which account was freezed, and demand immediate restoration of operations.

Sir,Thanks for you guidance

Iam sure that we do not have  multiple loans. We are a licenced Internet service provider catering to less than 1000 customers

ICCIBANK being a private bank, I cannot get the RBI basing or Crilic report sent to them from RBI

Notice was sent from ICICI bank and then  OD freezed. Also debit and credit operations blocked

Later got a letter from Union Bank stating that we do not have loans over 5 Cr with them and unblocked Debit and Credit operations. However OD with ICCIbank still freezed

OD with union bank is working fine

Union Bank or some entity has given false information/CRILIC  report to RBI stating that we have mutliple loans over 5 Crores.We need that report

Happen to see RBI report sent to ICICI . ICICI Manager just showed the mail from RBI in their computers

In this regards=

1. Would like to get CRILIC sent to ICICI bank from RBI.  Need to file RTI with RBI

2. Reports sent to RBI from union Bank  if any indicating that we multiple loans over 5 Crores . Need to file RTI with Union Bank

Please help

Edited by Gurlovleen

Apart from RTI you are a consumer and as per CP Act definition you can demand providing of such information from any public/private sector bank as a matter of right.

File on line application to RBI, Union and issue as information from ICICI quoting CP Act

1. Would like to get CRILIC sent to ICICI bank from RBI.  Need to file RTI with RBI

You can file rti Application to RBI, quoting such reference.  Seek information from ICICI under CP Act with such certified copies.

2. Reports sent to RBI from union Bank  if any indicating that we multiple loans over 5 Crores . Need to file RTI with Union Bank

Seek information soliciting such copies from Union bank by filing on line application

(To me it is surprising as to how one private company can avail cash credit loans from different banks, and if it is true it is a serious violation and RBI has rightly interfered in the issue)