Income tax refund - Now received

Hi,

I've submitted my IT returns for 2004-05, which has a refund. I've contacted the IT department for morethan 10 times, and each time I get different response. Once they say, that the printer is not working, and other time, they say the concerned person is not available, where in the cheque is ready for signature.

I've raised a Grievance at Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government for which there is no response. I've sent written request to the Director of Income tax - Grievances and Hyderabad Income Tax director, with no use.

I've now relocated to Bangalore and wondering how further I can get this resolved. Please suggest me a way to get the refund.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rgds,

Raghu

• 1 month later...
  • Super Moderator
karira

Moved to "Success Stories" section

Raghu, now that you have personal experience of the power of RTI, please try to spread the word amongst your family, neighbors, fiends, colleagues and anyone else who wants to listen. RTI will help them too.

Satish Gupta

Wow, the refund received within a month of using RTI ! And you had made 30 contacts with the IT department before, with no success!

Please contact the local newspaper reporter, they might get your story in newspaper and then others will learn how effective RTI is. This will help spread the word.

Thanks

sandeepbaheti

Raghu,

Congratulations on your success with RTI. Now that you have seen the effectiveness of this Act, you may want to use it more often.

jaikumar23

Hi Raghu, could you please let us know which IT department in Hyd is this. I had submitted a RTI application to 'CPIO Income tax Range-12' addressed to Shapoor house Adarsh nagar, Hyd but the application had returned back to me stating the office has moved to some other location.

ragshyd

Hi,

Yes. It is moved to Ayakar bhavan. Just change the building name to Ayakar Bhavan, rest is the same.

Rgds,

Raghu

• 1 year later...
jasraj_jog

Hi Raghu,

Can you post the complete postal address ? I need to file a RTI query regarding my IT refunds for AY 2008-09, Is it Ayakar bhavan,Basheerbagh ?

Thanks

Jasraj

• 2 years later...
vishwahosatti

Hello,

I am yet to get the IT refund for the assesment year 2010-11. I have filled IT return to ward 14 (3) in Bangalore. Please any one help me how i can file RTI for this.

• 2 months later...