Income tax refunds due on salary income tax deducted at source

Dr S K VERMA

Question

Dr S K VERMA

I am a retired scientist and due to my cardiac problems not able to visit Income Tax department frequently for refunds I have been requesting for assessement years 1993-94 to 1998-99. The tax was deducted at source for salary income only. Refunds relate to interest paid on house loans which were to be given by IT department, not allowed at source.

The department has, till date, neither acknowledged my letters nor given any reply.I even sent registered letter, even enclosed refund requests attached with returns filed, etc. I am tired of writing and waiting. The aggregate principal amount is Rs 15225 or so and I am unable to now retrieve all details except acknowledgement of returns filed. The department refuses to reissue certificates of the interest on houseloan cleared long back. Please advice about my rights as a tax payer and how can IT department be made resonsive.

4 answers to this question

Dr S K VERMA

Kindly advice on my rquested thread on income refund due for long and no response from the income tax department for years together.

prabha.hl

Apply An RTI application for the status of your application to CPIO of Income tax department, Jodhpur. They are compelled give you replay utmost with in 35 days.

Dr S K VERMA
Apply An RTI application for the status of your application to CPIO of Income tax department, Jodhpur. They are compelled give you replay utmost with in 35 days.

Thanks.Kindly also let know if it can be done online? Much problem is to go personally, once or twice it is possible. If online it is possible, it will be most convenient for me

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dr. Sahab

There is no online mechanism for filing RTI Application. Technically you can file your RTI application by email but this has to be followed up by making the payment of fees & for that have to follow traditional methods.

you dont need to go there.

For details & sample application for income tax refund please see this blog (by Karira Sir):http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/karira/326-rti-application-pending-refund.html

Possibly this info will be of good help to you

regards