Shrawan

Personal information of thrid party exempt from RTI disclosure

Shrawan

Central Information Commission

Decision No. 294/IC(A)/2006

F.No.CIC/MA/A/2006/00336

Dated, the 21st Sep., 2006

• Name of the Appellant : Shri Om Prakash Agarwal, 25, Strand Road, 723, Marshall House, Kolkata-700001.
  • Name of the Public Authority : The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhavan, Indraprastha marg, P.B. No.7100, New Delhi-110002.

DECISION

Facts:

1. The appellant had sought certain information which are furnished by the member companies and are available with the respondent in fiduciary capacity.
  2. The CPIO has denied the information on the ground that the information sought has no relation with public action or interest. The CPIO has also mentioned that the appellant has filed a complaint against the companies whose information are being sought. He has therefore contended that disclosure of information would impede the process of investigation. He has thus soughtexemption u/s 8(1) (h) of the Act.

Commission’s Decision:

1. Information sought relate to the personal information of third parties, the disclosure of which do not fall under public domain. As such, there is no overriding public interest in disclosure of information sought, which is exempt u/s 8(1) (j) of the Act.
  2. The appeal is accordingly disposed of.

Sd/-

(Prof. M.M. Ansari)

Information Commissioner

Download the decision from Download segment

koteswararaonerella

this is very much needed to control black mailists who are seeking information of other employees especially ladies and torturing them as some collars had put this question to me in my TV talk on RTI.