New Road in Shrishti, Mira Road, Thane

Raj108

Question

The New Road in Shrishti, Mira Road, Thane seems never to be finished in this life time. Many new corporators come and go, the road remains the same, the poor society, "JAYA PARK" doesn't have a sewage pipe yet(still living in 1970's), waiting in tears for the MBMC to act or atleast the contractors to do something.......does anyone has any solution?? PLeeeeeeeasse

9 answers to this question

• Moderators
jps50

Pl lodge a complaint with Municipal Corporation for the problems. If they do not react in a month to solve the problem file RTI appln by refering to following links:

Mahrashtra RTI Rules - RTI Guide

Effective:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Pending:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/69-any-thing-pending-govt.html

maanmerchant
The New Road in Shrishti, Mira Road, Thane seems never to be finished in this life time. Many new corporators come and go, the road remains the same, the poor society, "JAYA PARK" doesn't have a sewage pipe yet(still living in 1970's), waiting in tears for the MBMC to act or atleast the contractors to do something.......does anyone has any solution?? PLeeeeeeeasse

Hi Friend , there is always a standard a rule to build an maintain anything by the authorities such as MBMC, and on the basis of that a court order would have them to do the everything. The key is to find out that rule that standard . Is the Mbmc under legal/constitutional obligation to provide you the sewage pipe or the Road? if yes then what would be the quality of the road according to that rule/regulation. and what time/period obligation they have to obey.

Friend find the rule book for this and you have your answer. I have observed one thing we are totally living in a lawless situation. The Law is the answer to the this problem.

Kindly investigate the Laws for the Mbmc personnel to provide basic amenities to the citizen.

pdbhatia

Hi Raj,

Its not only Mira road but infact the entire Mira Bhayander area which doesnot have sewerage line the gutters act as sewerage line also Moreover for your knowledge there are funds allocated from the central govt to the tune of Rs.480 crore for laying of the new sewerage lines in our area,if you have read news papers kindly see the news paper Nirbhay Pathik of 15th or 16th may 09,there is article printed regarding our Residents association,where we have told the MBMC if they do not provide us with basic civic amenities as a tax payer, we will not pay any kind of taxes to the MBMC.

In MBMC its a jungle law so unless and until you dont fight for your rights you wont get anything, so go ahead and file RTI application/ applications with sewerage,drainage and roads dept.

Dear Bhatia,

I stay in Vijay Park in Mira road, same is the case with us, its been more than 2 years building is constructed and all flats occopied, but no approach road or proper drainage facility is provided nither by builder nor by MBMC, up on approaching divisinal engineer MBMC they say that Astha Builder in a plan to MBMC has committed to build the road and drain therfor its the responsibility of builder and not MBMC. on the other hand all our requests application to the builders are going in dustbin.

My question is how can i use RTI to know;

1) How did MBMC cleared the plan without builder building the aproach road, drainage,and street lights.

2) Even though if the builder has failed to keep his commitment, cant MBMC build the Road, Drainage, and Street lights as we are paying property tax.

3) if i have to File and RTI query in MBMC whome to address?

Regards,

Sumit

• Moderators
ambrish.p

Dear Sumit

RTI Act itself do not solve any problem, but the information obtained through it can be used for solution of problem.

Ask for Information/documents (copy of approved plans of building, name desigantion add., office contact no. of the officer who approved the same. as suggested by Karira Sir) which is available with PA in any form.

Your RTI Application with MBMC will be addressed to State Public Information Officer (SPIO or PIO) & has to be as per Maharashtra Govt. RTI rules, fee & format.Please see:Mahrashtra RTI Rules - RTI Guide

While filing any RTI application please remember:

1) Make sure you ask for information not for opinions/clarifications.

2) Never forget to sign your Application

3) Check the relevant RTI Rules regarding fees and make payment accordingly.

4) Your RTI application must serve any purpose/good,either to you or to the public.

5)Application must be sent by Registered or Speed post so that you have a proof of delivery or you can submit it personally in PIO's office after receiving

due acknowledgment.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the All About RTI links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/jps50/93-how-make-rti-application-effective.html

Better post the final draft of your RTI application for suggestion/s of helpful members.

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

govindbisht

well I am new to r t i I just want to know how to find out about MHADA sewrage and road work that they have left incomplete here in chheda nagar, chembur mumbai, please help me we are facing serious problem.

Dear Shrishti Residents,

I'm a resident of Mira road since past 11 years of Hatkesh Area. shrishti has been my favourite place of visit.

Good work on pursuing the road on Shrishti Area. It has been finally completed!! The sewer work also started.

However are you aware that there about 4 dozen old trees on roadside been choked and chopped away in-front of Shrishti-Kalptaru area (as Attached pictures)

Its painful to see the old trees choking and dying on the footpath and on roadside. Yesterday I saw that more than 10 trees were electric sawed and take away by contractors.

Why can't we raise mass tree-killing with MBMC. Do they have full right to play with Shrishti resident Oxygen sources like this. This will lead to respiratory illnesses due to no trees in the area. Also Increase the heat in the area. I request Shrishti are to file complaint in MBMC to restore green for every tree hacked.

regards

Varsha

WP_20150707_19_25_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20150707_19_28_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20150707_19_19_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20150707_19_29_54_Pro.jpg